: Change link path of executable

Post by David B. Chorli » Fri, 17 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Since I'm moving to a new machine, I'm rearranging the directory
structure, and as a result the link path of executables (as shown
by ldd) will disappear.  Of course, I can create a symbolic link
from the old directories to the new directories.  I could also
relink all the files with the correct path.  But can I edit the
executable in any way to change the old path to the new one?
(I vaguely remember a discussion of this topic a while ago, in
which the answer was 'No', so I'm prepared for disappointment.)

Thanks, David

--
David B. Chorlian
Neurodynamics Lab  SUNY/HSCB