SCSI-Error

Post by R. Schich » Tue, 08 May 2001 22:26:43

Hi,

i have a SparcServer 20 with Solaris 2.6 running and since i attached an
external Disk-box with one Disk inside i periodically get the following
errors:

May  7 15:06:46 hostname unix: WARNING:

May  7 15:06:46 hostname unix:  SCSI transport failed: reason
'unexpected_bus_free': retrying command
May  7 15:06:46 hostname unix:

does anybody knows this error?? (sd1 is the external disk)

At sunsolve i only found patches for this error for SunOS 5.5.1 and
below.

Kind regards

Roman Schicht

SCSI-Error

Post by Da » Wed, 09 May 2001 02:47:22

I have this problem with Symbios SCSI controllers (the one I use is Diamond
Fireport40) After using an Adaptec, I don't have that problem anymore.

Daniel