problems installing 2.9 on sparc

Post by Rya » Wed, 29 Jan 2003 15:35:35

sparc ultraIIi 300
512Mb, 100Gb

After configuring for the install I receave this error mesg:

========================
Preparing system for Solaris install

Configuring disk (c0t2d0)
        - Creating Solaris disk label (VTOC)

Creating and checking UFS file systems
        - Creating / (c0t2d0s0)

ERROR: File system creation failed for / (c0t2d0s0)

ERROR: Could not check or create system critical file systems

ERROR: Could not update disks with new configuration

Could not update disks with new configuration
========================

Is this a bad disk? It was running linux fine.

Thanks in advance for your help.

problems installing 2.9 on sparc

Post by Rya » Thu, 30 Jan 2003 10:06:46

^ bump ^
I am installing from an external cdrom (scsi), the hdd is on a local ide bus.
Any help is grealy appreciated.

Post by Dave Uhrin » Thu, 30 Jan 2003 10:48:21

> sparc ultraIIi 300
> 512Mb, 100Gb

> ERROR: File system creation failed for / (c0t2d0s0)

> ERROR: Could not check or create system critical file systems

> ERROR: Could not update disks with new configuration

> Could not update disks with new configuration ========================

> Is this a bad disk? It was running linux fine.

Linux probably wrote a partition table to the drive which format does not
recognize.  Zero the first several cylinders of the drive by booting cdrom
single user and using dd to wipe those cylinders with /dev/zero.

problems installing 2.9 on sparc

Post by Rya » Sat, 01 Feb 2003 04:15:00

Thanks very much Dave, that fixed it right up. still had a ton of
problems afterwards but it is said and done now..

thanks,
 -ryan

> > sparc ultraIIi 300
> > 512Mb, 100Gb

> > ERROR: File system creation failed for / (c0t2d0s0)

> > ERROR: Could not check or create system critical file systems

> > ERROR: Could not update disks with new configuration

> > Could not update disks with new configuration ========================

> > Is this a bad disk? It was running linux fine.

> Linux probably wrote a partition table to the drive which format does not
> recognize.  Zero the first several cylinders of the drive by booting cdrom
> single user and using dd to wipe those cylinders with /dev/zero.

1. Problem installing jdk on openbsd 2.9/Sparc

I'm running OpenBSD 2.9 on a SPARC and I am not able to install jdk from the
port it tells me:

===>  jdk-1.1.8 is only for i386, not sparc.

Is there a way to install anyway ?

I heard of using an emulator, but I don't how and I'm wondering if it will
slow down my machine...

Thanks

Ghislain

2. IP asiases

3. 2.9 Installation Problems (Sparc)

4. fixing a Frozen mouse.

5. Odd problems installing 2.9

6. firewall preventing UDP port 67 from 0.0.0.0

7. 2.9 Install problems - another

8. Show all command chars of a process

9. OpenBSD 2.9 i386 install problem

10. Sparc threads in 2.9?