nfs_mountroot failure during jumpstart

Post by Jess » Fri, 17 Mar 1995 08:31:42

Platform: server is a SPARC 1000 running 2.4
          client is a SPARC 5

When I "boot net - install" from the SPARC 5, it fails at nfs_mountroot:

ok boot net - install
root directory: /export/install/....
WARNING: nfs_mountroot: mount_root failed: error 6

I jumpstart a SPARC 20 (which is also sun4m as SPARC 5) from the
server without problem.
Any idea what went wrong? Thanks.

--Jesse

1. Install interactive package non-interactive during Jumpstart

Hi Guru's.

I've build a package which contains a postinstall scripts. During installation
of this package while the machine is running, it asks me wether or not the in-
stall has to continue since a script will be runned as root.

During a installation of this package in jumpstart, the system hangs; I guess
it hangs because it expects input (I cannot verify this, since the log doesn't
mention it). How can I install the package without answering all kind of questions?

Thanks.

-Remy

2. Linux 2.4.8-ac8

3. Applying Solaris 10 patches during Jumpstart

4. PPP times out during send-config request

5. S10, patchadd during jumpstart

6. RPCs as message passing system

7. Disk controller numbers reversed during Jumpstart???

8. Compatible modems

9. Solaris 10: Disabling services (svcs) during jumpstart?

10. add_drv during JumpStart installation does not work in Sol.2.6

11. 2.5 x86 DU5 application during a net jumpstart?!

12. env variable for sysidcfg during custom jumpstart

13. "grantpt: No such file or directory" during jumpstart attempt