(no subject)

Post by Asif Saee » Fri, 24 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Sir,

     I am using syslogd daemon to log the users who daily come to our

NAS. I Save all this information to a file,but the size of file is

growing repatidly .I want that this file split to another file at the

end of the day and the name of the file must belong to the current date.

IS there any way out.

I am also trying to use crontab daemon for it to copy the log file so

that the new name of file must be file name with current date.

(no subject)

Post by y1gk » Thu, 30 Apr 1998 04:00:00

cp yourlogfile  to yourlogfile.currentdate
cat /dev/null >yourlogfile (this preserves the inode so logging will
continue but zeros the size)
next day do the same or set it up in cron.

>Sir,

>     I am using syslogd daemon to log the users who daily come to our

>NAS. I Save all this information to a file,but the size of file is

>growing repatidly .I want that this file split to another file at the

>end of the day and the name of the file must belong to the current date.

>IS there any way out.

>I am also trying to use crontab daemon for it to copy the log file so

>that the new name of file must be file name with current date.

1. Not Available these Signal nos on Linux

Greetings,

The following macros are there on AIX  but not on Linux.If we have
on Linux pls  suggest me how to use(say path) or tell me alternative?

#define SIGDANGER 33    /* system crash imminent; free up some page
space */
#define SIGSAK    63    /* secure attention key */
#define SIGSOUND  62    /* sound control has completed */
#define SIGKAP    60    /* keep alive poll from native keyboard */
#define SIGGRANT  SIGKAP /* monitor mode granted */
#define SIGRETRACT 61   /* monitor mode should be relinguished */
#define  F_CLOSEM       10/**on AIX /usr/include/fcntl.h****/
#define _D_NAME_MAX 255

Thnaks in Advance
Sudhakar Reddy.N

2. Dynamic Perl5 port for SCO available?

3. CD-RW: CDFS? Unstable dev nos?

4. Triton I to II upgrade/Adaptec

5. NOS shootout

6. Problems with a Creative Labs CD5220 CD-ROM dirve

7. Seeds for random nos.

8. Buslogic hangs LILO

9. faster NOS: NetWare or Linux?

10. Software to read NOS/VE backup tapes

11. Help: What is best NOS/platform for Oracle?

12. Unix <-> NOS