Urgent Q: CDE & .profile ?

Post by The man from the great white nor » Sun, 13 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I'm new to CDE. I used to administer the systems the old way with an
ascii terminal or a telnet connection.  What is the equivalent file
corresponding to the .profile in CDE ? Is there a way to nuify both
CDE and "standard" login in such a way that I don't have to manage
multiple files and that my termninal is set up ok depending upon which
kind of login I use ?

Thanks !

NOTE: To reply via e-mail, remove the 'anti-spam-' from my e-mail adress

Urgent Q: CDE & .profile ?

Post by Gerald Kel » Mon, 14 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I'm new to CDE. I used to administer the systems the old way with an
>ascii terminal or a telnet connection.  What is the equivalent file
>corresponding to the .profile in CDE ? Is there a way to nuify both
>CDE and "standard" login in such a way that I don't have to manage
>multiple files and that my termninal is set up ok depending upon which
>kind of login I use ?

>Thanks !

>NOTE: To reply via e-mail, remove the 'anti-spam-' from my e-mail adress

The file is called .dtprofile and should be in your home directory.
It should have comments in it that tell you how to modify .dtprofile
and your existing .profile file to work together and to recognize
whether you are using CDE or telnetting in.

1. CDE & bash, how to execute .profile

Hi,

I am using CDE and wanted to use the 'bash' shell. I set the
DTSOURCEPROFILE=TRUE variable in the .dtprofile file, but the .profile
doesn't execute. It is only executed if I define the ksh or sh shell as
default in /etc/passwd.

How is it possible to source my .profile file automaticaly every time
that I log into CDE with bash as the default shell ?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help,
Regards,
Daniel

2. LILO on 1.2GB IDE disk with conner disk overlay?? HELP!

3. ftp/urgent/urgent/urgent

4. BBS dial up sotware

5. URGENT URGENT URGENT

6. XF4 on old PPC

7. ftp problem/urgent/urgent/urgent

8. AWESOME: Linux performance (l world)

9. Need help with CDE and .profile

10. .profile works under CDE but not under Openwindows

11. CDE problem, .profile to execute.

12. Memory & Disk Qs

13. why CDE does not process ".profile" after modified a shell configuration