flush(int)

Post by V.Romanovsk » Fri, 18 May 2001 18:07:37

Hi,
I have been using C++ 4.2 for long time already,
but due to my project new requirements I have to port
my application to C++ 5.2 compiler( Workshop 6 update 1).

I faced the problem that the compiler report the error in the code:

int  m_pipeFd[2];
pipe (m_pipeFd);
int nN = 10;
write(m_pipeFd[ 1 ], &nN, sizeof(int) );
flush(m_pipeFd[1 ]);

The message is:
Error: Could not find a match for flush(int).

Should I include some new header file for "flush(int)", or
the function "write()" with a pipe does not buffer the data, so
I can remove "flush(int)" call after "write()" ?

Thanks for attention,
V.Romanovski

1. flush(int) in C++ 5.2

Hi,
I have been using C++ 4.2 for long time already,
but due to my project new requirements I have to port
my application to C++ 5.2 compiler( Workshop 6 update 1).

I faced the problem that the compiler report the error in the code:

int  m_pipeFd[2];
pipe (m_pipeFd);
int nN = 10;
write(m_pipeFd[ 1 ], &nN, sizeof(int) );
flush(m_pipeFd[1 ]);

The message is:
Error: Could not find a match for flush(int).

Should I include some new header file for "flush(int)", or
the function "write()" with a pipe does not buffer the data, so
I can remove "flush(int)" call after "write()" ?

Thanks for attention,
V.Romanovski

P.S.
If you can help me, please send a copy to my e-mail account too, thanks!

2. SYN_RECV

3. can't get CDE to work on RedHat v5.0

4. extern void (*signal(int, void (*)(int)))(int);

5. need 1600x1200 @ 24bpp : what card ??

6. int connect(int sockfd, struct sockaddr *serv_addr, int addrlen )???

7. ISDN problems

8. Is there a function like muldiv(int,int,int)?

9. Converting from unsigned int to int in C++ / More info

10. urgent: int (int argc, char argv[]) problem

11. I loose int tell(int fd) C function with new glibc !!!

12. urgent: int (int argc, char argv[]) problem