problems building the Xsun server

Post by John Howel » Sun, 28 Feb 1993 00:12:40

Okay, I've been banging my head on this for a while and getting close
but still not there. I compiled and installed gcc-2.3.3 on our sparc2
running SunOS 5.1 (Solaris 2.1), installed the fixincludes, tested out
the compiler. Then I grabbed the raw X11R5 source from
export.lcs.mit.edu and unpacked everything correctly, installed all
patches (including the multi-screen patch), most importantly the patches
for SunOS5. Then "make World", all according to instructions (I've done
this a million times before on Ultrix and SunOS4) but it keeps blowing
up at this point when trying to do a "make server":

gcc -fpcc-struct-return -c -O2  -I. -I../mfb -I../mi -I../cfb
-I../../include -I../../.././X11 -I../../.././fonts/include
-I../../../.  -DSVR4 -DSYSV -DXDMCP -DSHAPE -DMULTIBUFFER -DMITMISC
-DPEXEXT -DMITSHM  -DFUNCPROTO=15   sunInit.c
sunInit.c: In function `InitOutput':
sunInit.c:476: warning: passing arg 1 of `atexit' from incompatible
 pointer type
sunInit.c:476: too many arguments to function `atexit'
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `sunInit.o'
Current working directory /usr/local/src/x11r5/mit/server/ddx/sun
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `ddx/sun'

Any ideas?

--
                                        John Howells

1. Problem getting Server Side Include to work on IBM HTTP Server (Apache Build).

Hi all,

How do I debug a SSI HTML page? How do I know if my server is executing
mySSI? I have done the following according to the documentation.

1) I have check the httpd.conf file, the following settings are set
accordingly:
# To use server-parsed HTML files
AddType text/html .shtml
AddHandler server-parsed .shtml

2) My SHTML  file (place in /usr/HTTPServer/htdocs) is as follow:
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Date Test</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
The date is:
<!--#exec cmd = "date" -->
</BODY>
</HTML>

-- the file has the x-bit set for all groups

With 1) and 2) I still could not get it to work. So a .htaccess file is
place in /usr/HTTPServer/htdocs

3) The content of the .htaccess file is as follows:
<Directory "/usr/HTTPServer/htdocs">
Options +ExecCGI
</Directory>

With 1), 2) and 3) the SHTML still does not work the way I want it to be.
Did I miss out anything in the configurations or code, anybody has similar
experience before? Please help.

------------
More details
------------
The line '<!--#exec cmd = "date" -->' can be seen in the page source, and
there is no error message. "date" is the unix command to display the current
date. Does that implies that the IBM HTTP Server (Apache build) is not
parsing the shtml page at all?

Actually I am trying to insert a dynamic table into a static web page by
using Server Side Include to call a Perl program. The Perl program work fine
on its own, but nothing happens when I call it through SSI. Which is why I
am using the date command to troubleshoot the problem.

Does anyone has the similar problem before?

Actually I also notice that my Perl program does not display image file at
all, even if I have this statement in the Perl program print "Content-type:
text/html\n\n";

Thank you,
Keng Boon

2. S/Key on Linux

3. can i build a mail server that can build class based groups?

4. get key releases in framebuffer-console?

5. XSun Server consuming too much RAM

6. How to configure a gate-way

7. Running Xsun on headless server

8. Diamond Fire GL 1000, can't get X to work

9. Netscape 3.0 crashes Xsun server

10. Switch between Xsun and Xorg server possible AND simple ?

11. X11 server "Xsun" eats up memory too much

12. HP 9.07 xterm --> Solaris 2.6 Xsun server weirdness

13. Trouble connectiong to a XFree86 4 XDMCP server with Xsun in Solaris 7/SPARC