Solaris 2.4 x86 and Installing

Post by Bruce Adler [Contracto » Wed, 15 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>I can't get my Solaris 2.4 x86 Boot disk to recognize my CD-Rom
>Drive...

>I have a 4HD/4FD Controller in my system with a 540Mb, a 1.2
>Gig, and a 1.6 Gig on it. The CD-Rom is attached as a Slave on
>the end of the Chain on the secondary controller.  When I boot
>with the installation disk, it doesn't recognize the CD-Rom
>Drive. Is there something I am doing wrong??  Is there an
>updated Install Disk for this??

It sounds like you probably have an ATA/IDE controller and an ATAPI/IDE
CDROM drive (although I've never heard of one with support four floppy
drives but anything is possible).  If so, then you need the latest set
of 2.4 Driver Update release floppies.  The ATAPI/IDE CDROM support
isn't on the 2.4 FCS floppies or CDROM.

BA