Help needed on testing device drivers in solaris

Help needed on testing device drivers in solaris

Post by S. Balachanda » Tue, 04 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I am developing a PCI network driver for solaris.

I need to know the best ways to test that. E.g I have a
skeleton driver now, and I want to know the best use of add_drv
command and to restore the previous driver again without much
of a hassle.

(Now when I use add_drv, all I get is "driver added bu not
attached"!!)

Thanx in advance

Bala

1. HELP needed: Solaris PCI device driver, device not auto detected.

I am writing a device driver for two PCI adapter cards under Solaris 2.5.1
on x86 machines. The two PCI adapter cards are identical except that one
uses PLX 9060 chip and the other one uses PLX 9050 chip. When both cards
are present in the machine, the probe and attach routines of my driver are
invoked only for the card with 9060 chip. I used the following command to
install the driver:
   add_drv -i'"pci1248,4" "pci1248,204"' cdp
Our vendor ID is 0x1248, and device ID for these two cards is 0x04 and 0x204,
respectively, and "cdp" is the name of the driver. (No conf file is used.)

Did anyone have any clue why the card with 9050 chip is not auto detected?

I also tried to use the following conf file instead of letting the cards
be auto detected.
  name="cdp" parent="pci" reg=0x7800,0,0,0,0;
  name="cdp" parent="pci" reg=0x8000,0,0,0,0;
This way, it did find both cards, but ddi_regs_map_setup() failed for both
cards when I tried to map the local configuration registers.

Any information or suggestion is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-zhong

2. AGetty problem...

3. Help with new Solaris 7 Device Driver needed

4. Archive 2150L Tape Drive & Linux 2.0.x

5. need help accessing device i/o memory from device driver

6. Help: The 3Com EtherLink III old chestnut?!

7. Are there any test tools for testing device drivers?

8. Multiport card

9. Are there any test tools for Linux to test device drivers?

10. X10 Device Driver...needs testing

11. test test test test test test test

12. Need Solaris device driver expert for short project

13. Need a MO platter device driver for Solaris 7.0