Recommended reading for Solaris?

Post by Jimmy Moone » Tue, 04 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I'm relatively new to Solaris, although I have a small amount of
experience in the Linux/UNIX OS's as well as NT. I wanted to know if
there were any books that anyone recommends for good reading to get me
up to speed on Solaris 2.6/7. I've seen a few books in stores on
Solaris, although wasn't sure if any of them were current as well as
if they really were worthwhile..

you'd like.

Thanks for the info!

--Jimmy

Recommended reading for Solaris?

Post by David Gallard » Wed, 05 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I like A Practical Guide to Solaris by Sobell.  I looked at lot of books
& tried to solve hypothetical (or real) problems using them & this one
seemed to be the most useful.  & I still find it very useful.