X-Windows not redirecting console output to console window

X-Windows not redirecting console output to console window

Post by Christian Ra » Fri, 25 Jun 1993 15:39:39

We have installed X11R5 under Solaris 2.1, and everything works fine except that
output directly written to the console gets not redirected to the console window
(xterm -C). Under Solaris 1.X, console output redirection worked ok.

Does anybody know how to fix this problem?

--
Christian Rank
Lehrstuhl fuer Wirtschaftsinformatik * Universitaet Passau *

Hello!

I have 3 questions about X-windows:

Is there a good graphical bases typewriter (not editor) in which
i can write and layout text in x-windows, without using a bunch
of codes as in e.g. latech.

Is it possible to make a telnet like connection in a MS windows
based PC to a unix machine which is capable to run the X-windows
system. So i could use for example Xmaple when I am sitting home
where i dont have unix, but I do have a fast pc and internet.

Is there a special X-windows newsgroup?

Please e-mail me because i cant read the newsgroups so often.

thanks

Sander Zboray
http://gene.wins.uva.nl/~zboray

2. libc5 application (LyX) under RH6.0?

3. How to present console messages without a console window?

4. AMI DiskExtender w/ Linux

5. Why don't console message appear in my ``console'' window?

6. awk script

7. Switching from Text-Console to X-Windows...

8. Excuse my newbie question but...

9. WANTED: vt52 emulator for console or X-windows

10. X-Windows and Gnome on all virtual console

11. X-Windows won't start: /dev/console missing

12. Can't get console messages in X-windows

13. Help: RH5.1 X-Windows displat goes bad after switching to a text virtual console