Looking for BSD LP Daemon

Post by Jonathan Stok » Tue, 29 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I have a PC using QVTNET. The user
is unable to print using lpr due to the fact that Solaris 2.4 uses SVR4 printing
instead of BSD. Sun told me that there is shareware/freeware on the net that
will create a BSD flavor lp daemon and allow BSD lpr'
Does anyone know where this software is located on the net???

Regards,
Jon Stokes

Looking for BSD LP Daemon

Post by Norm Jacob » Wed, 06 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I am at a loss as to why you can't print to/from a Solaris 2.X system.
They support BSD protocol.   The SVR4 and Solaris LP print systems
each support two network protocols the first is the SYSV LP
on-the-wire protocol and the other is the BSD protocol (RFC-1179).  In
Solaris 2.6, the only network protocol supported by the print system
will be the BSD protocol.

                        -Norm

> I have a PC using QVTNET. The user
> is unable to print using lpr due to the fact that Solaris 2.4 uses SVR4 printing
> instead of BSD. Sun told me that there is shareware/freeware on the net that
> will create a BSD flavor lp daemon and allow BSD lpr'
> Does anyone know where this software is located on the net???

1. Looking for BSD printer daemon

Does anyone know where I can get the source for a BSD printer daemon which
will run on a system V machine (SCO ODT 1.1) and will accept printer requests
across the network?

Thanks in advance
Grant

Multimedia Communications Research Lab            Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Univerity of Ottawa                                       (613) 564-9247

2. Modelines for Gateway 2k Crystal Scan 1572DG

3. How to make BSD print (lpr) on AT&T system (lp) ?

4. Dell Latitude LM and sound under Linux

5. LP Printing to BSD

6. Problem with FTP and big files

7. Q: how to print from BSD lpr to SVR4 lp?

8. PBS to broadcast NYCO Boheme !?

9. wanted: hooks for remote printing from AIX PS/2 to BSD lp spooler

10. Printer heck: lpr client -> lpd (aka lp/bsd) fails on -h

11. BSD, BSD or BSD?

12. minix lp daemon

13. Linux Slackware 1.1.1 lp Daemon won't go