Calendar Manager under Sol 2.3

Post by I wanted to be a _lumberjack_ » Thu, 14 Jul 1994 00:49:23

I'm not sure if this is a Sol2.3 issue of OpenWindows v3.3 one:

I REALLY don't like the new, "closed" icon for the Calendar Manager.
I REALLY miss the old one (from OW v2) that had a full month's calendar
showing as the "closed" icon.

Any clues as to how to change this?

--
I think all right-thinking people in this   |  I'm certainly not.  And I'm
country are sick and tired of being told    |  sick and tired of being told

Calendar Manager under Sol 2.3

Post by Frank Pete » Thu, 14 Jul 1994 23:07:30

Quote:>I'm not sure if this is a Sol2.3 issue of OpenWindows v3.3 one:

>I REALLY don't like the new, "closed" icon for the Calendar Manager.
>I REALLY miss the old one (from OW v2) that had a full month's calendar
>showing as the "closed" icon.

As documented in the manual page, use "cm -i 2".
--
Frank Peters  -  UNIX Systems Group Leader  -   Mississippi State University

            WWW Home Page:  http://www.msstate.edu/~fwp

1. Sol 2.3 to Sol 2.3 5/94 UPGRADE ?

Having a Sun 4 system running Solaris 2.3, I wondered
if one can do an upgrade to Solaris 2.3 Hardware version 5/94.

After setting up an install_server, booting and answering the
required questions the install program offered me an "Upgrade"
option.
Naturally I choose this one. But,....  the system doesn't actually
do an upgrade,... It only added SUNWbmac and SUNWaud... (or something
close to that)

Someone said:

Q. Is an "Upgrade" from Solaris 1.x/2.x to Solaris 2.3 Edition II
    offered?

 A. No.  Since Solaris 2.3 Edition II is a new, platform-specific release
 for the new SPARCstation 5, SPARCserver 5, and SPARCstation
    Voyager(TM) machines, there should be no need for "upgrades".

How should we interpret this ?

(Mind !!! If I remember correctly Solaris 2.3 Hardware version 5/94
is actually Edition III  Yes..3)

Is there an upgrade possible, but only from 2.2 to 2.3 (5/94) ?

The question that follows out the previous is ofcourse:
If you want to upgrade a system from the normal Solaris 2.3
(not Solaris 2.3 5/94) to Solaris 2.3 5/94, do you only have to install
the Maintenance Supplement CD ?

I'm puzzled and I guess I'm not the only one.

Any comments are very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
--------------------------
Robert Jansen
Computer Center VUB/ULB
Brussels
Belgium (Europe)
VUBnet

Tel:  +32-2-650.37.29
Secr: +32-2-650.37.38
Fax:  +32-2-650.37.40
--------------------------

2. redhat install problems

3. Solaris 2.3 calendar manager probs

4. Cannot sent msg to newsgroups from Netscape.

5. Restoring Calendar Manager files 2.3->2.4

6. XF86-3.1 everything's dark

7. Calendar Mgr cannot create calendar in 2.3

8. Upgrade from sol 2.3 to sol 2.4

9. Calendar Manager, File Manager, and Screenblank

10. WebEvent 3.04 released - Web Calendar, CGI Calendar, WWW Calendar

11. Backspace in xterm and Calendar Man. under 2.3

12. print faults/recovery under Sol 2.3