boot/install Solaris 2.6 from net

Post by Chun L » Sat, 20 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I want to set up a boot/install server on a LAN so that I can
boot/install Solaris 2.6 OS from the network. I tried to follow
Solaris document to do it, but haven't been successful yet.
Can anyone tell me what I should pay attention on this matter?

Thanks very much in advance for any of your helps.

Regards,

-Chun

P.S. Please cc me a copy if you post an answer into these news
groups, as I'm afraid that I may miss some related posts from them.
Thans again.

1. Solaris 2.6 - Having trouble installing boot block on 4GB SCSI drive

Just wondering, is there a patch that is floating out there for this
problem? Basically, I am using a Jumpstart server to build
2.6 boxes and it builds fine except for the reboot and it says that
it cannot find the boot block for the drive (I've tried 2 different
drives of the same model). i have even tried running "installboot"
manually and the command completes successfully but it still
fails the bootup process. The only patch that I saw that might
have anything to do with scsi was 106173-03. Has anyone
else seen this problem? Also 4GB EIDE drives work fine
for the Jumpstart (it is configured with "free" for slice 0, so
the partitioning info is not relevant - in otherwords we are using
the entire slice 0 for our /, /usr, etc and another slice for swap
but that's it).

Here's the bootup error:

Rebooting with command:

args:
bootblk: can't find the boot program
Program terminated
Type  help  for more information
ok probe-scsi

Target 3
  Unit 0   Disk     IBM     DDRS34560SUN4.2GS98E98432G8752
                    (C) Copyright IBM Corp.
                    1997. All rights reserved.

TIA,

Rich

2. Panic

3. Cannot boot after install solaris x86 2.6 using AHA1542CP.

4. Hardware

5. Solaris 2.6 with A1000 - Can't boot -r with Veritas Volume Manager and VXFS installed

6. Need book on SunOS device drivers

7. Can not boot after install solaris x86(2.5 and 2.6) using AHA-1542CP.

8. controlling write density on HP SureStore DAT24

9. Dual Boot Solaris 2.6 and Solaris 8: how will metadevices behave?

10. can't read Solaris 2.6 x86 hard disk on Solaris 2.6 Ultra-1 ?!?

11. Upgrade from Solaris 2.6 with Volume Manager 2.6 to Solaris 8 with Volume Manager 3.2

12. Newbie Install Q - 2.6 x86 (Net & Video)

13. Problem doing net install for 2.6