SUN OS 5.7 ...shutdowns automatically

Post by utta » Thu, 24 May 2001 06:09:57

Folks
    We have SUN OS 5.7 which we have built recently, the machine works
fine but it shutdown Automatically after 2 or 3days.....why?
I checked the cronjobs etc...But i have no Cronjobs in the machine....At
this point I have no clue how to resolve this issue.
I would appreciate it, if anyone helps me.

Thanks in Advance...

Uttam

SUN OS 5.7 ...shutdowns automatically

Post by Martien Poel » Thu, 24 May 2001 07:00:26

Login as root and issue the command "dmesg" and see if it shows something interesting, if your system crashes it should show something there, also a regular shutdown should be indicated as such. Also look at /var/adm/crash/<your computer name>, this directory should be empty, if not you should see something like a vmcore file. If they are there your system has crashed.

Martien Poels

  Folks
      We have SUN OS 5.7 which we have built recently, the machine works fine but it shutdown Automatically after 2 or 3days.....why?
  I checked the cronjobs etc...But i have no Cronjobs in the machine....At this point I have no clue how to resolve this issue.
  I would appreciate it, if anyone helps me.
  Thanks in Advance...

  Uttam

SUN OS 5.7 ...shutdowns automatically

Post by Martin Pau » Thu, 24 May 2001 19:37:44

Quote:>     We have SUN OS 5.7 which we have built recently, the machine works
> fine but it shutdown Automatically after 2 or 3days.....why?
> I checked the cronjobs etc...But i have no Cronjobs in the machine....At
> this point I have no clue how to resolve this issue.

Maybe you have configured autoshutdown in /etc/power.conf. Look for
an "autoshutdown" entry in this file, and check the man pages on
power.conf and powerd.

hth, mp.
--
                         Martin Paul | Systems Administrator

Liechtensteinstrasse 22, A-1090 Wien | Tel: 01 4277 38803
        http://www.par.univie.ac.at/ | Fax: 01 4277 9388