Port number for X

Post by Michael Amo » Sat, 01 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hello,
I'm having a problem exporting a display.

On the server;
DISPLAY=<client>:0.0
export DISPLAY

On client;
xhost <server>

On server;
admintool &

Question, What port is this running out of the server on? I think
(pretty sure) I have a firewall issue. Tried running netstat to figure
it out, but I'm not familiar enough with it (I guess).
Question 2, Will any other applications that I try to export the
display out, use the same (X?) port? (besides GUI's that you access via
a browser of course).

Thanks,
-Mike

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Port number for X

Post by Michael Amo » Sat, 01 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I think the following is correct;

X windows uses port 6000+display# (the display number is the number
immediately following the ':' in the DISPLAY variable).

-Mike

Quote:> Hello,