How to write files to floppy disk in Solaris 7?

How to write files to floppy disk in Solaris 7?

Post by David Su » Sun, 24 Feb 2002 04:56:56

I would like to copy ascii file in Ultra 2 (Solaris 7) to floppy disk so it can
be read in windows NT OS, Can someone help?
        Tanks.

How to write files to floppy disk in Solaris 7?

Post by Philippe Delso » Sun, 24 Feb 2002 05:34:31

David Sun a crit dans le message

Quote:>I would like to copy ascii file in Ultra 2 (Solaris 7) to floppy disk so it
can
>be read in windows NT OS, Can someone help?
> Tanks.

You have to format the floppy disk
# fdformat -d      the -d option is for dos format

and copy the file (cp)

Philippe

How to write files to floppy disk in Solaris 7?

Post by Solaris X. Migh » Sun, 24 Feb 2002 09:01:14

Take a look at 'man mount_pcfs' to see if it helps you first.
This question has been asked before so you may want to do some
searches on deja.com rather than waiting for someone to give
an answer on this thread.

Orphy! :-)