(text) HELP needed on SSH

Post by Adolfo E. Cheon » Thu, 04 Oct 2001 13:45:21

1.)
I am having problem to install SSH

OS:    Solaris 8 x86 07/01 on P I machine with 160MB RAM.

SSH:  ssh_3.0.1 Unix Server Version.
      ssh_2.4.0 Unix
(note I have been installing SSH successfully on different machines)

install steps:  ./configure, make, make install
(all the procedures follows the documentation from SSH
http://www.ssh.com/support/ssh/ssh2-quickstart.pdf   )

location: /usr/local/bin

conf files: /etc/ssh2

no error during the installation.

The following error will come out everytime I run sftp, sshd,  or ssh:
ld.so.1: ssh: fatal: libncurses.so.5: open failed: No such file or
directory Killed

it seems linbncurses.so.5 is missing

2.)
How can I remove/uninstall SSH on my machine under current condition?
The SSH documentation did not talk about how to remove it.
(Note: you have to install SSH follow the instruction of
 "install SSH on other UNIX System"  but not " SSH on SUN Solaris")

3.)
Where i can find the file "libncurses.so.5" for Solaris 8 x86
I tried to search for different machines but can't find it.
if you have it can u email to me?

thank you

(text) HELP needed on SSH

Post by Adolfo E. Cheon » Thu, 04 Oct 2001 13:50:11

[...]

1. (text) HELP on SSH

[...]

2. Can't see both Linux fs and DOS logical partition. Need help!

3. can ssh-agent work between ssh-2.3 and ssh-3.5

4. Criterion to choose a RS6000/AIX production machine

5. SSH-1.x for HPUX 10.20 & SSH-2 for RedHat, Digital Unix PROBLEM, HELP please !

6. How to configure a server for a NFS install

7. help needed for masquerade working with ssh

8. Is there a sk_buffs limit?

9. Help needed with SSH

10. ufsdump/ufsrestore questions over ssh....need your help

11. help needed on SSH

12. ssh port forwarding help needed

13. Need help: why ssh-agent process use more and more swap space?