Sun Netra T1 wont boot

Post by Sukesh Nicha » Mon, 27 Jan 2003 18:30:57

Our Sun Netra T1 wont boot. It is pingable for a few minutes then goes dead.
I suspect that it is stuck doing an fsck, waiting for user intervention, as
this all happened after it was powered off abruptly.

I'm not familiar with this server, I assume the RJ45 serial ports are for
attaching a dumb terminal so this can act as the console ?  If so what type
of serial adapter needs to go into the dumb terminal ?

Any help would be appreciated !

Sun Netra T1 wont boot

http://www.stokely.com/unix.serial.port.resources/A-B-Ycablepinout.html

--

Lars Tunkrans

Sun Netra T1 wont boot

Post by Rev. Don Koo » Mon, 27 Jan 2003 22:34:24

> Our Sun Netra T1 wont boot. It is pingable for a few minutes then goes dead.

        What do you expect; it's a SUN.  :-(

                Hope this helps,
                        Don

--
***************************      You a bounty hunter?
* Rev. Don McDonald, SCNA *      Man's gotta earn a living.

Sun Netra T1 wont boot

Post by Greg Andre » Tue, 28 Jan 2003 02:57:47

>I'm not familiar with this server, I assume the RJ45 serial ports are for
>attaching a dumb terminal so this can act as the console ?  If so what type
>of serial adapter needs to go into the dumb terminal ?

The one that Sun shipped with your Netra.

If you need the pinout to make your own, there are three Infodocs
on sunsolve.sun.com:  20802, 21589, and 26667.  There may also be
information at www.stokely.com.

  -Greg
--
Do NOT reply via e-mail.