Problem with installation of Solaris 2.6

Problem with installation of Solaris 2.6

Post by Mark » Thu, 31 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Having problem with installing Solaris 2.6.....need help please.

Goes through the first blue screen (device config. with no conflicts).
I then choose to boot from Solaris CD-ROM with Solaris Interactive....OK

Flashes second blue screen (monitor choice etc)...then | marker spins
for about 4 seconds
then the system reboots.

Have tried 2 hard drives, a new motherboard, removed all COM ports,
serial ports and PS/2 mouse...basically had nothing there.

Reboots everytime for no apparent reason...error message is too quick to
see but I thought it said "Cannot read from...." and another was a
"panic..."....but other than that, can't read the rest.

Have even tried low level formatting the HDD, using DOS fdisk to remove
all partitions and fdisk /mbr....so the disk was blank.

When booting the UNIX kernel from the CD-ROM, the HDD is flashing so I
assume that info. is getting written to the hard disk...

Any help greatly appreciated...

Regards

Mark

Problem with installation of Solaris 2.6

Post by Toshio Kumaga » Fri, 01 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi Mark,

        Seems installing Solaris on PC, right ?
        I read something like this when somebody has attempt
        to install Solaris 7 with Tekram DC-390U/F SCSI interface.
        Is your HDD and CD-ROM drive on IDE bus or SCSI bus ?
        Please tell me detail of you system.

  ###

--

1. Solaris 2.6 (sparc) installation problem (minor)

There is an error in the postinstall script for the package SUNWxilmn
on the Solaris 2.6 (sparc) CD.

The error causes four files in the directory /usr/openwin/demo/xil/example2
to have incorrect symbolic links to files in /usr/openwin/demo/xil/example1.

To correct the links, do the following as root:

        cd /usr/openwin/demo/xil/example2
        rm -f brainscan.data.Z brainscan.header example2.c window.c
        ln -s ../example1/brainscan.data.Z brainscan.data.Z
        ln -s ../example1/brainscan.header brainscan.header
        ln -s ../example1/example1.c       example2.c
        ln -s ../example1/window.c         window.c

This fix will not affect removing, installing, or patching SUNWxilmn.

-LMC-

2. 2nd USENIX Domain-Specific Languages Conference- Call for Papers

3. Solaris 2.6 Installation Problem

4. Zip Drive on a Sparc5

5. Installation Problem Solaris 2.6

6. Name of the function/script that called the actual function?

7. Solaris x86 2.6 Installation Problems

8. Packet forwarding queries

9. Solaris 2.6 installation problem

10. Ultra 60 Solaris 2.6 5/98 installation problem

11. Solaris 2.6 network installation - a problem

12. Solaris 2.6 installation problem

13. Problems with Solaris 2.6 Installation