Problem with MAILER after MU 4 on Solaris 2.7

Problem with MAILER after MU 4 on Solaris 2.7

Post by Chamb » Sat, 10 Nov 2001 01:23:26

Everything work fine with mailx, netscape mailer, Outlook express.....

But when we used the MAILER from CDE...we always received an error !!!

Popup window :

An error occured while trying to send your message.
Check to make sure the message was received.  If not,
you may have to resend this message.

A Mailer operation has failed.  Retry

Mailer cannot send the message because one of the address may
be incorrect.  Make sure the address are valid and try again !!!

Any help, hints will be appreciated !!!

Thank's in advance !!!

Eric

Problem with MAILER after MU 4 on Solaris 2.7

Post by Chamb » Sat, 10 Nov 2001 04:32:05

SOLVED :

Add this line to Mail.rc :

set sentmailhostname="Hostname"

Quote:> Everything work fine with mailx, netscape mailer, Outlook express.....

> But when we used the MAILER from CDE...we always received an error !!!

> Popup window :

> An error occured while trying to send your message.
> Check to make sure the message was received.  If not,
> you may have to resend this message.

> A Mailer operation has failed.  Retry

> Mailer cannot send the message because one of the address may
> be incorrect.  Make sure the address are valid and try again !!!

> Any help, hints will be appreciated !!!

> Thank's in advance !!!

> Eric

1. Ifmail 2.7 - FidoNet mailer and gateway for U*IX platform

Ifmail is a set of FidoNet(tm) compatible transport and gateway
programs, running on multiple U*IX platforms (Linux, FreeBSD, SCO, SVR4,
SunOS and others).  In cooperation with typical U*IX e-mail and netnews
packages, it allows to make a FidoNet node (or point) on a machine
running U*IX.

The package is BETA, use it on your own risk.

ifmail-2.7.tar.gz (220 K) should be soon available at:
tsx-11.mit.edu:         pub/linux/sources/usr.bin
sunsite.unc.edu:        pub/Linux/system/Mail/transport

This is mainly a maintenance and bugfix release.
Changes from 2.6:

 1. Fixes and cleanups.
 2. On the way fido->A->internet->B->fido both A and B included into ^aPATH.
 3. In the way fido->internet->fido->internet Path: created correctly.
 4. Origin is preserved on the way fido->internet->fido
 5. Option to force processing packets to foreign address in iftoss.
 6. Even less ^aRFC- kludges on the way fido->internet->fido left.
 7. Better treatment of ^aFLAGS kludge and binary flags.

Eugene

--

Be sure to include Keywords: and a short description of your software.

2. dosemu: general protection fault

3. Informix problems afters Y2K Solaris 2.5 patch

4. /boot partition SIZE?

5. can I install ab Solaris 2.5 to Solaris 2.7 x86

6. Web Monitor

7. Updating 2.7 to 2.7-current - error: __warn_references in libcompat

8. Cirrus Logic 542X ISA XF86Config help

9. Jumpstart for Solaris 2.5.1 versus Solaris 2.6, 2.7, 2.8

10. Can you change a HOSTID on Solaris 2.7 & Solaris 8???

11. solaris 2.7 or solaris 2.5.1

12. public patches for Solaris 2.7 (aka Solaris 7)

13. Solaris 2.7 (Solaris 7) + Linux on an x86 Machine