how to change screen color on console screen??

how to change screen color on console screen??

Post by hAWK » Tue, 01 May 2001 17:46:10

Hi all,

How do you change the screen color on a console screen.  I currently have
black text on a white background.  I would like to reverse it.  Which files
contain these info or what commands do I use?  A starting point would
suffice.
thanks

how to change screen color on console screen??

Post by Vladimir Annenko » Tue, 01 May 2001 19:26:32

Prepend
\\033[7m
to your PS1 environment variable.

> Hi all,

> How do you change the screen color on a console screen.  I currently have
> black text on a white background.  I would like to reverse it.  Which
> files
> contain these info or what commands do I use?  A starting point would
> suffice.
> thanks

1. All console screens and cursor changed to color red after reboot - help!

Hi
After my last sync;reboot, all the virtual consoles have a crimson red
background. The 3d effects in KDE also -like button shadows, and
cursor are red.
The system is fine (white fonts on black screen) upto the point its
fully booted up.
I'm using vesafb device with 100x37 res for text mode.
Adequate freespace in all partitions.
System is kernel2.2.4 redhat.
Is the /dev/fb device corrupt? /dev (busy) hasn't umounted cleanly
ever since I compiled in devfs support into the kernel...
What do I do?

Regards

2. Abit KR7A 133 and Redhat 7.2

3. virtual console/screen -> small/tiny "screen" app??

4. Backup software for Solaris 2.5

5. Console-Screen-Blanking: black chars on white screen

6. kgdb enhancements

7. Inverse screen colours on boot screen

8. how do you know your IP address?

9. screen: going from split screen to full screen mode

10. Changing screen resolution on multiple screen system

11. Setting screen background colors on console --- how is it done?

12. inverted console screen color after xdm session