console log is not saved in the specific file?

console log is not saved in the specific file?

Post by bony » Tue, 17 Apr 2001 23:48:09

hi..all
console log is not saved in the specific file?
console log means every logs in console terminal.
If i can configure the console log to be saved in the file,
tell me how..

thanks ^^

Post by Greg Andre » Thu, 19 Apr 2001 12:27:31

>hi..all
>console log is not saved in the specific file?
>console log means every logs in console terminal.
>If i can configure the console log to be saved in the file,
>tell me how..

The messages that are logged to the console through the syslogd
daemon are usually also written to /var/adm/messages.  However,
the messages written directly to the /dev/console device instead
of through syslogd won't be.  As far as I know, there's no setting
to tell the kernel to write those messages to a file as well as
writing them to the screen.

  -Greg
--

I have a map of the United States that's actual size
                 -- Steven Wright

1. System logging going to console not log file

I am having problems with my Tru64 version 4.0g system.  The problems
originally began when I was running 4.0f.

I want the output of the daemon logging to go to the normal syslog files.
Even though I specify the daemon.priority process to output to
/var/adm/syslog.dated/daemon.log  the output is routed to /dev/console.

I've pastes a sample of my /etc/syslog.conf below for details.  Has anyone
encountered this before?  I'm stuck trying to figure it out.  The output
from all other facilities is routed as stated by the option.

Thanks for any information

Dale

/etc/syslog.conf file:
==============
# facilities: kern user mail daemon auth syslog lpr binary
# priorities: emerg alert crit err warning notice info debug

*.emerg                 *
*.crit                  /dev/console
*.crit                  /dev/console
*.alert                 /var/adm/syslog.dated/critical.log

kern.debug              /var/adm/syslog.dated/kern.log
kern.debug              /var/adm/messages
kern.debug              /dev/console

user.info               /var/adm/syslog.dated/user.log
mail.notice             /var/adm/syslog.dated/mail.log
daemon.notice           /var/adm/syslog.dated/daemon.log
auth.debug              /var/adm/syslog.dated/auth.log
syslog.notice           /var/adm/syslog.dated/syslog.log
lpr.notice              /var/adm/syslog.dated/lpr.log
msgbuf.err              /var/adm/crash/msgbuf.savecore

2. HALP! My smbd keeps falling and won't stay up!!

4. Porting guides for Sun->AIX->HPUX?

5. How can I tell whether I am logging in on console inside .login?

6. Help

7. how to not log requests from specific hosts w/Apache?

8. Change the workspace image?

9. Why am I not 'Logged in' ?

10. Can you log specific cookies with Apache %{cookie}i log format?

11. Why am I not logged in wtmp?

12. How do I know I am not logging into a Trojan horse?

13. Plug-ins not not seen by Gimp