IE on Ultra

Post by Moray Taylo » Mon, 27 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I just downloaded 11MB of Microsoft IE for Solaris, and all it says is:

Can't find
Killed

In the terminal, I did the chmod +x thing, but no luck.  Any idea on
getting this to work?  I ask as Netscape does not want to run on my 8bit
screen (it will run on the 24bit screened iMac which I can send it to).

Thanks

Garry

IE on Ultra

Post by Mike Spoone » Tue, 28 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Strange, Netscape runs fine on my 8-bit display, using PseudoColor,
TrueColor, StaticGray and GrayScale visuals.

Not tried it in a 1-bit visual yet.... :-)

What error-message is Netscape reporting?

Quote:> I just downloaded 11MB of Microsoft IE for Solaris, and all it says is:

> Can't find
> Killed

> In the terminal, I did the chmod +x thing, but no luck.  Any idea on
> getting this to work?  I ask as Netscape does not want to run on my 8bit
> screen (it will run on the 24bit screened iMac which I can send it to).

> Thanks

> Garry

IE on Ultra

Post by Frode Tennebo » Wed, 29 Mar 2000 04:00:00

[snip]
: I ask as Netscape does not want to run on my 8bit
: screen (it will run on the 24bit screened iMac which I can send it to).

Have you tried 'netscape -install'?

 -Frode

--

| Ericsson Radar AS. N-1788 Halden |                                |

| with Standard.Disclaimer; use Standard.Disclaimer;                |

IE on Ultra

Post by douglas.hollan » Fri, 31 Mar 2000 04:00:00

IE 5.0 won't run on Solaris 8, and the 128 bit version I've downloaded
three times without it installing at all, it appears that the compressed
executable on the Microsoft site is corrupt.

> I just downloaded 11MB of Microsoft IE for Solaris, and all it says is:

> Can't find
> Killed

> In the terminal, I did the chmod +x thing, but no luck.  Any idea on
> getting this to work?  I ask as Netscape does not want to run on my 8bit
> screen (it will run on the 24bit screened iMac which I can send it to).

> Thanks

> Garry

1. IE dorked my Ultra 5

I'm new to Sun/Unix and recently tried to install
IE on a new Ultra 5 w/Solaris 8. IE won't start
so now I want to go back. How can I make the
netscape that came installed on the system the
default browser again?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. ctrl d and signals

3. Apache/M$IE: IE doesn't send Authorization headers every time?

4. PATCH: specialix fix from 2.4 missing in 2.5

5. cases of Ultra 30, Ultra 60 and Ultra 450 and PC components

6. Linux with a 6 gigabyte RAID System

7. WANTED: Used Ultra 1 or Ultra 2

8. Modeline for Hercules 720x348 mono / running two serves at once?

9. Ultra 5 versus Ultra 10

10. SCSI Ultra 320 HDD on Sun Ultra 60

11. SS20 vs Ultra 5 vs Ultra 1

12. 16MB ATI Rage 128 Ultra (Rage 128 Pro Ultra)

13. More Ultra DMA 66 w/ Ultra DMA/33 IDE protocol Support