USENIX BoF announcement: Solaris Community BoF, Wed, 9:00 PM

USENIX BoF announcement: Solaris Community BoF, Wed, 9:00 PM

Post by Eric Boutilie » Thu, 24 Jun 2004 01:57:41

Those of you who are conference trivia buffs might know that
beginning with the 2000 LISA Conference in New Orleans, we have
hosted Solaris Community BoFs at 3 consecutive USENIX Technical
Conferences and 4 consecutive LISA Conferences.  (In fact I swear
I've seen a few of the same faces at every one of them... Anyone
want to fess up?)

So what the heck is the purpose of this message? Can't you guess?
This is to announce that the streak continues at USENIX next week
of course. This year's USENIX Solaris Community BoF will be held at
9:00 PM Wednesday, June 30th, Salon C/D, Boston Marriott Copely Place.

The BoF webpage is here:

    http://www.usenix.org/events/usenix04/bofs.html

Hope to see you there!
Eric

P.S. Just for fun, here's a trivia question:
     Choosing from the 7 Conferences alluded to above, namely:

New Orleans, LISA
Boston, USENIX
San Diego, LISA
Monterey, USENIX
Philly, LISA
San Antonio, USENIX
San Diego, LISA

At which conference did we run out of beer (no fair saying all of
the above!), but attendees (certainly not the hosts!) compensated by
casually wandering into the big commercial-ish event next door
(being run by a big company that no longer exists because they got
bought by another big company), helping themselves to free beer,
and returning to the Solaris BoF?

First one to answer correctly wins the oldest issue from my
`Unix Today' magazine "collection"*   :-O

* You must be present (or delegate a proxy) next Wednesday to claim
  your prize.

Eric Boutilier
http://blogs.sun.com/eric_boutilier

Post by Scot » Thu, 24 Jun 2004 21:15:11

> At which conference did we run out of beer

Oh yeah, the one where all those penguins drank it up, despite the host
warning that it wasn't free...

ummm, I guess that was a different event actually.

Post by Eric Boutilie » Wed, 28 Jul 2004 11:53:10

> This year's USENIX Solaris Community BoF will be held at
> 9:00 PM Wednesday, June 30th, Salon C/D, Boston Marriott Copely Place...

FYI, For a post-BOF report and some photos:
http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/eric_boutilier/20040723
http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/eric_boutilier/20040726