Copy/paste bug on Solaris 8?

Post by Homeboob » Thu, 22 Feb 2001 00:02:41

Hi,

I have just received some Sun Sparcs with Solaris 8 installed and have
noticed
that the middle mouse button that performs the copy/paste function causes
the
system to hang.

Does anyone know if this is a confirmed bug? If so, is there any way to fix
this?

Cheers

Home*y

Copy/paste bug on Solaris 8?

Post by Kevin Mile » Thu, 22 Feb 2001 00:15:45

> Hi,

> I have just received some Sun Sparcs with Solaris 8 installed and have
> noticed
> that the middle mouse button that performs the copy/paste function causes
> the
> system to hang.

Does the system actually hang or just the window manager?

Can you remotely login from another machine (assuming it's networked)
when the system "hangs" ?

Kev

Copy/paste bug on Solaris 8?

Post by Eric Luyte » Thu, 22 Feb 2001 00:24:18

>> I have just received some Sun Sparcs with Solaris 8 installed and have
>> noticed
>> that the middle mouse button that performs the copy/paste function causes
>> the
>> system to hang.
> Does the system actually hang or just the window manager?
> Can you remotely login from another machine (assuming it's networked)
> when the system "hangs" ?

Assuming this problem is identical to ours (on an E250 with Sol 7), it is
only the window manager that "hangs" (read : also consumes all available
CPU cycles).

Eric.

Copy/paste bug on Solaris 8?

Post by Kevin Mile » Thu, 22 Feb 2001 00:37:55

> Assuming this problem is identical to ours (on an E250 with Sol 7), it is
> only the window manager that "hangs" (read : also consumes all available
> CPU cycles).

> Eric.

if it is the window manager* check out SunSolve
for a patch - I had to patch a 2.6 machine with exactly
the same problem today.

Copy/paste bug on Solaris 8?

Post by Thomas Deh » Thu, 22 Feb 2001 05:27:02

> >> I have just received some Sun Sparcs with Solaris 8 installed and have
> >> noticed that the middle mouse button
> >> that performs the copy/paste function causes
> >> the
> >> system to hang.

> > Does the system actually hang or just the window manager?

> > Can you remotely login from another machine (assuming it's networked)
> > when the system "hangs" ?

> Assuming this problem is identical to ours (on an E250 with Sol 7), it is
> only the window manager that "hangs" (read : also consumes all available
> CPU cycles).

I think this is fixed in the current dtwm patch.

Thomas

1. Copy & Paste | Solaris Openwin - CDE Window Manager

Hi,

in our company we must run Openwindows (with Sun Solaris) up to now
since our main application does not support any other window manager.
Other applications running on Digital UNIX servers and developed to run
with CDE should also be used on this Openwindows environment.

The problem is that we are not able to use ?Copy & Paste" from these
different applications into the Openwindows texteditor. Our main
application behaves like the ?Solaris cmdtool" (with Copy-, Paste- Keys)
and the other application behaves like CDE applications (mark text and
middle mouse buttons).

Is there anybody who knows how we can solve this problem or is there a
texteditor available who supports both?

If you have any questions please answer also via e-mail to

Thanks

Pat.

2. LEX behaviour when given "large" automata.

3. Copy, Paste ... on Solaris X86

4. can't boot 2.5.52

5. solaris copy & paste with java

6. 2.2.x kernel sees wrong IDE hard drive geometry

7. Problem with RXVT's copy & paste function

8. Mass dropping of network packets, perhaps "stray irq 15"?

9. Copy from Konsole (Paste into Jedit) help

10. ps2 mouse, how to copy and paste in X

11. Cutting/Copying and Pasting

12. copy & paste with keyboard

13. Copy and Paste in X shell