traceroute in Solaris 2.X?

Post by 3.. » Fri, 17 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

Is there an equivalent of traceroute in Solaris?  There is one for HP-
UX, or ping -o IPaddr and ^C shows the routing info.  NT uses tracert.

If it doesn't exits, what do you do to find out all the points ping
pass?  A reliable way to narrow down the hops, routers, and hubs on the
network is greatly appreciated.

--
Image is not everything. Excellent image is.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

traceroute in Solaris 2.X?

Post by Alan Coopersmi » Fri, 17 Mar 2000 04:00:00

>Is there an equivalent of traceroute in Solaris?  There is one for HP-
>UX, or ping -o IPaddr and ^C shows the routing info.  NT uses tracert.

On Solaris 7, /usr/sbin/traceroute
On previous releases, either download & install traceroute or see the
route recording options in 'man ping'.

Univ. of California at Berkeley         http://soar.Berkeley.EDU/~alanc/

traceroute in Solaris 2.X?

Post by Roger A. Faulkn » Fri, 17 Mar 2000 04:00:00

>Hi,

>Is there an equivalent of traceroute in Solaris?  There is one for HP-
>UX, or ping -o IPaddr and ^C shows the routing info.  NT uses tracert.

>If it doesn't exits, what do you do to find out all the points ping
>pass?  A reliable way to narrow down the hops, routers, and hubs on the
>network is greatly appreciated.

traceroute exists in Solaris 7 and later:
        /usr/sbin/traceroute

See also 'man traceroute'

Roger Faulkner

traceroute in Solaris 2.X?

Post by Wolfgang Goetzenberge » Fri, 17 Mar 2000 04:00:00

> Hi,

> Is there an equivalent of traceroute in Solaris?  There is one for HP-
> UX, or ping -o IPaddr and ^C shows the routing info.  NT uses tracert.

Download traceroute from: http://smc.vnet.net/

Wolfgang

  r14266.vcf
< 1K Download

1. /usr/sbin/traceroute ha1 ksh: /usr/sbin/traceroute: not found

/usr/sbin/traceroute ha1
ksh: /usr/sbin/traceroute:  not found

The system is System = SunOS
Node = xxx.ddd.com
Release = 5.6
KernelID = Generic_105181-15
Machine = sun4u

How? Why?  I have traceroute on SunOS 5.7

download it and compile it like the way
a c compiler and gzip were missing!
Can it be true?

--
Disclaimer: opinions expressed my own and not representative of my employers

2. What is Good Throughput on Home Network

3. In search of Solaris 2.5 Netscape Navigator 3.0 plug ins

4. milo babbling on noname?

5. Code fragments/plug-ins for solaris?

6. Networking \IPC$ error

7. Traceroute for Solaris 2.4?

8. how to clean a corrupted KDE3 install?

9. traceroute for Solaris 2.x

10. traceroute for Solaris

11. Solaris 2.4/x86: traceroute does not work

12. traceroute for solaris

13. Need traceroute for Solaris 2.3