local serial printer prints at wrong baud rate or wrong # bits

local serial printer prints at wrong baud rate or wrong # bits

Post by Ken Y » Tue, 06 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Platform: Solaris 2.4 Sun Sparc 2

I'm trying to set up a dot matrix printer as a local printer. Using
admintool, I set up the queue and serial options. However when I try to
print, I get garbage indicating either wrong baud rate or wrong #
bits/parity.

However if I do

        cat foo > /dev/term/b

it prints perfectly.

Here is the stty on the port

speed 9600 baud;
rows = 0; columns = 0; ypixels = 0; xpixels = 0;
eucw 1:0:0:0, scrw 1:0:0:0
intr = ^c; quit = ^|; erase = ^?; kill = ^u;
start = ^q; stop = ^s; susp = ^z; dsusp = ^y;
rprnt = ^r; flush = ^o; werase = ^w; lnext = ^v;
-parenb -parodd cs8 -cstopb -hupcl cread -clocal -loblk -crtscts -parext
-ignbrk brkint -ignpar -parmrk -inpck -istrip -inlcr -igncr icrnl -iuclc
ixon -ixany -ixoff imaxbel
isig icanon -xcase echo echoe echok -echonl -noflsh
-tostop echoctl -echoprt e*-defecho -flusho -pendin iexten
opost -olcuc onlcr -ocrnl -onocr -onlret -ofill -ofdel tab3

which seems to match the default settings for lpadmin specified in the
man page:

          The default for stty is

                    stty='9600 cs8 -cstopb -parenb ixon
                         -ixany opost -olcuc onlcr -ocrnl -onocr
                         -onlret -ofill nl0 cr0 tab0 bs0 vt0 ff0'

The configuration file for the printer says:

Banner: off
Content types: any
Device: /dev/term/b
Interface: /usr/lib/lp/model/standard
Printer type: unknown
Modules: default

There are no gettys or other processes running on the port.

What am I missing?

        Thanks, Ken

1. wrong baud rate?

Recently, i upgrade c20 to f50 with AIX 4.3.2 and which
is attached to terminal server. The problem start happen
when i key in the number in advance for my application,
it show extra character. However, it was not problem
on the c20. The baud rate setting for terminal server
and terminal are 9600. What are the other cause? Hope
can get someone reply as soon as reply. Thanks in
advance.

Best Regards,
Yeong

2. Web Server Fail-Over question for iPlanet 4.1 Ent

3. Strange:ttyi1x baud rate change after i mkdev serial

4. Looking for an SGI admin in LA

5. Serial port baud rate.

6. ATI Radeon Driver (Linux Newbie)??

7. Increasing Serial Port Baud Rate

8. Question about FTP

9. serial port Maximum baud rate falling

10. serial port baud rate

11. open serial port and specify baud rate in linux

12. 1.1.71 maximum serial baud rate?

13. high serial port baud rates, found "setserial"