Sun C++ compiler

Post by Tollef Slaathau » Sat, 29 Jul 2000 04:00:00

A friend of mine wants to write some compiler specific code.
(It's related to having callbacks as classes)

But that's not the point..He already has defines for Visual C++ etc.

I'm looking for the #define which identifies the SUN C++ compiler:
Something like this maybe:

#ifdef __SUNCC__
/* do something */
#endif

cheers,
--
Tollef Slaathaug
System Software Engineer - KDA/CCIT (Air Defence)

Sun C++ compiler

Post by Drazen Kac » Sat, 29 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> I'm looking for the #define which identifies the SUN C++ compiler:

__SUNPRO_CC. It's in the man page.

--
 .-.   .-.    I don't work for my employer.
(_  \ /  _)

1. how to install multiple versions of the Sun C++ compiler?

A user here needs access to all versions of Sun's C++ compilers for
Solaris 2 (i.e. C++ 3.0.1, 4.0, and 4.0.1); he maintains some software
that, since it's a preprocessor for C++, needs to be slightly different
for each compiler his customers may have.  Even worse, he doesn't want to
have to run Solaris 2 on his personal system at all, so we have to come
up with a way to have all compilers simultaneously available on our 1
general-purpose Solaris 2 system.  If anyone's done this before, we'd
appreciate advice (one thing I noticed is that we'll have to have
different versions of /opt/SUNWspro.whatever/lib/libC.so rather than it
always being a link to /usr/lib/libC.so.5, because more recent versions
of libC.so.5 that come with patch 101242 won't work with C++ 4.0, only
with C++ 4.0.1.)

        Mark Plotnick

2. Compiling Molscript under Linux

3. Sun C++ compiler question

4. making solaris xterm work like sunos

5. Sun C++ compilers with different naming conventions??

6. PPP dial-in authentication

7. Help needed with SUN C++ compiler/debugger

8. Stephen A Chaney is a bigot and lying sack of shit.

9. Sun C++ Compiler

10. Sun C++ Compiler - Supported Features

11. Sun C++ compiler's (lack of) support for namespace

12. Which Sun C++ compiler has the fix for std::basic_ios::copyfmt() warnings ?

13. When will Solaris Sun C++ compiler support STL ?