internet packets have been unreliable - help?

internet packets have been unreliable - help?

Post by Damian Wheele » Wed, 01 Mar 2000 04:00:00

All tcp/ip traffic from my sparc20 is inconsistantly dying
when going to the internet through a router. Local LAN traffic to this
box is perfect (telnet, ftp, SQL*Net). Running netscape on this machine
or a ssh session to an internet destination runs fine until there is a
pause in data flow (either to or from the internet). If the pause is
longer than 10 or 15 seconds it seems to take anything up to 5 minutes
to resume sending or receiving packets. The router is not busy at the
time, no other machine is having transfer speed issues at the same time,
packets aren't being rejected by the firewall (which is hardware), I'm
out of ideas.
Has anyone seen these symptoms before?

1. Help I am having OOP problems in Linux

I need some help with the basic of OOP in Linux I attempted to
convert some programming that I have done, in DOS, and Windows
ie:

#include <iostream.h>

main(void)
{
cout << "hello world.";
return 0;

when I compile this little short and nasty program using the following
command line

gcc sample.C -o sample

I get the following error

/tmp/cca024501.o; In function 'main':
/tmp/cca024501.o(.text+0x9): undefined reference to 'cout'
/tmp/cca024501.o(.text+0xe): undefined reference to
'ostream::operator<<char const *)

can anyone tell me what went wrong and what did I do wrong
as a form of a test to see if I can program in Linux?

Thanks

Kevin

2. : Win32 under WABI and/or Merge

3. Help: Am I the Only one in the world having problems installing SR5

4. alternative shell

5. I am having fun with Slack, but need help with DHCP setup

6. building dynamically loadable module

7. I am having trouble setting up KDE, and any help would be most appreciated

8. FTP with _low_ transfer speed

9. ppp loosing packets and unreliable ARCNET LAN connectivity.

10. I already RTFM, but am still having problems

11. I am having trouble with tcpip

12. I am having problems with "fvwm2" or Xwindows

13. I am having trouble rebuilding xchat