Samba problem

Post by mart » Fri, 31 Jan 2003 18:21:14

I appear to be having a problem with the UDP server when Samba is running
(on Solaris 2.7). A message is output (every 10 minutes or so) with the
following content:

Jan 30 09:07:21 myhost inetd[1576]: /opt/samba/bin/nmbd: Hangup
Jan 30 09:07:28 myhost last message repeated 38 times
Jan 30 09:07:28 myhost inetd[1576]: netbios-ns/udp server failing (looping),
service terminated

Any ideas what would cause this? I'm running Samba 2.0.7 for Solaris 2.7.

TIA

1. Samba problems: Samba not in Network Neighborhood

I have (the latest) Samba installed and have two problems that I can't
seem to solve.

First, my setup: Machine 1 is linux/samba machine.  Machine 2 is Win
95 and Machine 3 is WfWG 3.11 with TCP/IP.  They connect with
ethernet.  All machines can ping each other and the other TCP stuff
works fine.

Machines 2 and 3 can mount each other's drives and printers fine.
Machine 2 can mount the Samba shares but only after I run the "Find
Computer" tool.  It doesn't appear in the Network Neighborhood with
the other machines.

I used smbclient to verify that Machine 1 can mount look at the shares
on all three machines and the Workgroup name is the same.

I was able to drag a shortcut into network neightborhood but that's
not the same as actually being there.

A possibly related problem is machine 3, the Win 3.11 one, cannot see
the samba shares at all.  The server doesn't appear.

Is there some Samba option that I don't have enabled?  With the Win 95
machine it's only annoying not having it in the Neighborhood but it is
entirely unusable from machine 3.  This I really need to fix.

BTW: One further problem I haven't looked at too closely: All the
mounted shares are done as "pcguest" and not as the username logged in
to win 95.  I have the same username/password on both machines.  Is
there a Win 95 option somewhere I need to change?

thanks, jv

    Graphics                "Purveyors to the Froup"

2. Strange behavior from patchadd

3. Samba- Problem: path too long/ cvs- Problem: cvs import stucks

4. npasswd config file

5. Very strange Samba problem - please advise

6. RPM Package Management in RH 6.0

7. samba problem - only root can write - TIA

8. Kernel-Patches

9. samba problem

10. Samba Problem

11. Samba problem...