software to drive storedge L280

Post by JJ » Sat, 30 Jun 2001 22:06:14

Can anyone recommend some free/cheap software to drive a storedge DLT
jukebox?

tnx,
JJ

1. StorEdge L280 mounting/writing help

I have a StorEdge L280 tape drive.

I installed it in an Ultra 10 with a PCI UltraSCSI Host Adapter card.

After I boot the machine, I get the following when I do a probe-scsi-
all:

Target 4
Unit 0 Removable Tape QUANTUM DLT7000 2156

Target 5
Unit 0 Removable Device type 8 HP C6280-7000 2.07

It looks like it recognizes the card the L280 is attached to, right?

For backup purposes, I want to export an Oracle database on another
machine directly to this machine's drive over the network.

How do I mount this drive so it can be accessed and written to over the
network?  How do I retrieve data that has been written to the drive?
Is there a FAQ on the web somewhere?

I need to get this up and running ASAP!  Thank you for your help!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. How to configure two 3c509 network cards?

3. Wanted:Drivers for StorEdge L280

4. USB driver for Sony Vaio laptop?

5. StorEdge L7 vs Sun StorEdge DDS

6. Q: logging talk sessions?

7. Problem with StorEdge L25 after adding second drive

8. swapper not syncing ???

9. Connecting to Sun StorEdge DAT 72 Tape Drive

10. StorEdge Multipack with 72GB drives

11. compression for storedge DDS-4 tape drive

12. StorEdge 50 GB addon drives to Enterprise Server

13. Storedge L25 with SDLT320 drive