IP Forwarding

Post by Martin Christe » Fri, 08 Sep 2000 21:27:32

Hi

I use Solaris 7 and should enable ip_forwarding only for a specific
interface.
I have a Quad Fastethernet adapter in the box.

Is this possible?

Regards Martin

  martin.christen.vcf
< 1K Download

IP Forwarding

Post by David F. Newm » Fri, 08 Sep 2000 21:52:44

> Hi

> I use Solaris 7 and should enable ip_forwarding only for a specific
> interface.
> I have a Quad Fastethernet adapter in the box.

> Is this possible?

IP Forwarding is either on or off for system in general.  There
is no way to turn it on or off for an individual interface.

However, what you could do is turn on IP forwarding and then
use IP Filter which allows you to set up router like rules.
You could set it up to only allow the system to route the packets
you want and drop everything else.

--
Dave

1. IP forwarding is only good for port forwarding of only one IP ?

I have two IP from my provider ( or two web address) and only one isdn line.
With linux and only one IP, I can masquerade all my local network to use
only that one IP.
Perfect up to now.

Then I want to forward the other IP to a NT server inside my local network.
(like 2 company on the same network).

ipfwadm 2.30 with linux 2.0.36 can not do that, because nobody know how to
do it (I read a lot of HowTo).
or may be it's not possible with ipfwadm. All people think that nobody want
that.

is-it true ?

2. IDE CDROM support?

3. ip-forwarding && dns-forwarding

4. Linux Sucks! A Waste of time!!!!!!!

5. Q: Does IP forwarding forward ARP ?

6. vsFTPd - Problem setting root folder for all users

7. Using "ipchains -P forward DENY" instead of disabling ip-forwarding?

8. Solarisx86 video driver for spider graphic card

9. IP forwarding doesn't forward!!

10. IP Forwarding? IP Routing?

11. tcp / ip stack and ip forwarding questions

12. incomping IP and IP forwarding

13. IP forwarding & Masq from net to Private IP