Looking for beta testers

Post by Koviso » Tue, 18 Oct 1994 13:03:53

We are looking for beta sites who can test deviware application
on SUN Solaris environment. The Deviware will be in beta for
about 6 weeks.  You don't pay a dime for beta software . You will get
66% discount on production version of the application if you opt to buy.

Product name : Deviware
Functionality :

Deviware (Desktop Visual Groupware Framework)  is groupware framework
based on distributed client-server strategy.

Deviware has four modules.

1. Server

        It is multiclient server with a structured distributed database
        functionality.

2. Builder

        The builder let user build custom applications

        2.1.Schema builder:

            This application will let you  building schemas for an application

        2.2.Application builder:

            A Motif GUI Builder for building UI for custom Deviware framework
            applications

        2.3.Query Builder:

            This application will let you  build custom queries for applications

        2.4.Form Builder:

            This application will let you develop custom for forms to embed into
            applications

        2.5.Encapsulator:

            This module will let you encapsulate third party applications into
            Deviware client environment.

        2.6.API library :

            This is a custom C API library for developing applications based
            on Deviware framework.

3.Admin

        This module will let you manage deviware servers and clients

4. Client

        The client has following  prebuilt distributed client applications

        4.1.desktop applications
        ------------------------
                Mime Complaint Mail
                Contact Manager
                Calendar Manager
                Messages
                Conference Rooms
                Meeting Meter
                bitmap editor
                calcultor
                TextEditor
                print tool
                clocks

        4.2 vertical applications
        --------------------------

                Sales Automation ( Telesales, Contact Manager
                Marketing Automation ( Comptetion Tracking, PR, Advertizing )
                Accounting Automation ( General Ledget, PO, Invoices etc )
                Support Automation ( Help Desk )
                Human Resources ( HRM )

        4.3 Productivity Applications
        ------------------------------

                Fax
                Graphs
                Spreadsheet
                Project Management
                Presentation Graphics
                Drawing Editor
                Image Editor
                Chart Maker
                Desktop Publishing

Requirements
Hardware :

1 Sun Sparc workstation
100 Meg Harddisk space

Optional :

Prefer network of sun workstations so you can really check out distributed
client-server functionality

Software :
SUN Solaris 2.4
Motif window manager or Openwindosw 3.4

Others :

Internet connetion for downloading software.

How to contact
If you want to become beta site please send email to

with following info

                your name
                your address
                your telephone number
                your fax number
                your hardware platform
                your email address

Looking for beta testers

Post by National Information Syste » Thu, 20 Oct 1994 07:30:58

>We are looking for beta sites who can test deviware application
>on SUN Solaris environment. The Deviware will be in beta for
>about 6 weeks.  You don't pay a dime for beta software . You will get
>66% discount on production version of the application if you opt to buy.

I almost missed this one as it was posted in such a straight-forward
manner.  It seems that you can get this suite of software for nothing --
just your time to provide a little feedback.  I wonder if they are
limiting the number of participants -- seems like you might wind up
with a thousand Beta sites overnight!

Regards,
Dave

--

National Information Systems, Inc.     | ACCENT GraphicVUE Project Manager

San Jose, CA 95117 USA                 | ACCENTServer UNIX E-Newsletter (FREE)

1. Looking for beta testers

Greetings -

   I am looking for beta testers for a program I have been working on. The
program can be used to get more information from a core file (including
the name of the running executable, all loaded libraries, and a stack
trace at the time of the error) without having to resort to a debugger.
Information can often be retrieved from the core file even with the
application not built with debug information.
   The purpose of the program is both to provide rapid access to the
information in the core file, and also to provide first-level analysis of
the application for quality assurance, help desk, and statistical
purposes.
   Please note that I am looking for beta testers. The interface is
currently a little raw, and some features (such as the disassembly of the
faulting routine) are currently disabled. The features which are present,
however, have been fairly heavily tested in house and need to get broader
exposure.
   The program works on all versions of AIX 4, up to and including AIX
4.3.2, although only 32 bit applications are currently supported.

    If you are interesting in joining the beta program, please write me at

         Your name and contact information
         The type of machine and AIX version
         Development environment

    Some indication on the amount of time you will be able to spend with
the program would also be useful.

Thank you for your time.

Bob

--
Bob Hablutzel                           Hablutzel Consulting

2. Why won't ps work?

3. Looking for beta testers for Linux (X-Windows/Gtk) class library (word processor)

4. wu ftp server problem

5. Looking for beta testers for XBanner!

6. du and df

7. ANNOUNCE: CCVS is looking for Beta Testers!

8. Placing a null character at the beginning of a string in 'C'

9. Looking for beta testers for a new Linux game ...

10. PKWARE Inc. looking for Beta Testers

11. Searchlinux.com is looking for beta testers

12. Looking for Beta Testers

13. PKWARE, Inc. looking for UNIX Beta Testers