1. PPP dynamic poin to point link don't hang the modem on Solaris 2.3
We have problems with PPP on a Solaris 2.3 machine (SPARC LX)
We are able to configure the machine as a Dynamic Point to Point
log-in server, and we are able to log in too, but then, when we
hang the modem of the nomadic workstion, the link on the log-in server
remain up, keeping the modem busy.
It seems to be a problem of the ipdptp0 interface:
here is the /var/adm/log/asppp.log:
11:13:03 Link manager (276) started 09/28/95
11:13:03 parse_config_file: Successful configuration
11:13:28 start_ip: IP up on interface ipdptp0, timeout set for 120 seconds
11:14:19 process_ipd_msg: interface ipdptp0 has disconnected
11:14:19 disconnect: disconnected connection from ipdptp0
But it is lying! the status of the interfaces is the following:
# ifconfig -a
lo0: flags=849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 8232
inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000
le0: flags=863<UP,BROADCAST,NOTRAILERS,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
inet 184.108.40.206 netmask ffffff00 broadcast 220.127.116.11
ipdptp0: flags=28d1<UP,POINTOPOINT,RUNNING,NOARP,MULTICAST,UNNUMBERED> mtu 256
inet 18.104.22.168 --> 22.214.171.124 netmask ffff0000
ipdptp0 is still up!, and the nomad workstation appear to be still logged:
netadm pts/0 Sep 28 11:06 (asterix.neurop2.ruhr-uni-bochum.de)
nomad term/a Sep 28 11:13
In an experiment, we tried to use a multipoint interface, that goes through
the ipdp0 interface, and in this case the disconnection works correctly,
but we would rather don't have to create a whole new network only for
one nomadinc workstation (the multipoint PPP link requires a reserved
(please, if you post, send an e-mail too, I will summarize)
Fra il dire e il fare c'e` di mezzo "e il". Elio e Le Storie Tese.
2. Can't connect to particular IPs..
3. executable files don't seem to work on Solaris 2.3 ...?
4. Firewall using ipchains + 3 NICs
5. smbfs don't work with 2.3 kernels?
6. pcmcia modem setup
7. Solaris 2.3 man pages don't display all available pages
8. LOCAL: Washington DC July 24 WACUG Meeting
9. Solaris 2.3/FDDI "Don't Fragment"
10. Motif under Solaris 2.3 or 2.4, I don't care...
11. What modem software works with Solaris 2.3
12. HELP!: Solaris 2.3/OW 3.3: Mailtool doesn't work!
13. HP JetAdmin utility on SS20/Solaris 2.3 (didn't work)