Ctrl-Alt-F1 keys on Ultra Sparc Sparc? Possible?

Ctrl-Alt-F1 keys on Ultra Sparc Sparc? Possible?

Post by Kiki » Tue, 04 Jun 2002 06:00:29

How to open second (and third, forth etc) screen directly on console.
Something like Ctrl-Alt-F1 (F2, F3 etc) on Intel and Linux.

Post by Alan Coopersmi » Tue, 04 Jun 2002 06:00:30

Kiki writes in comp.unix.solaris:
|How to open second (and third, forth etc) screen directly on console.
|Something like Ctrl-Alt-F1 (F2, F3 etc) on Intel and Linux.

The Solaris console driver does not support virtual consoles on any
sparc release - the alternative is to download and install GNU screen.

Post by Kenny McCorma » Tue, 04 Jun 2002 12:07:42

>Kiki writes in comp.unix.solaris:
>|How to open second (and third, forth etc) screen directly on console.
>|Something like Ctrl-Alt-F1 (F2, F3 etc) on Intel and Linux.

>The Solaris console driver does not support virtual consoles on any
>sparc release - the alternative is to download and install GNU screen.

How about on Intel?

Post by Alan Coopersmi » Tue, 04 Jun 2002 12:14:48

|>Kiki writes in comp.unix.solaris:
|>|How to open second (and third, forth etc) screen directly on console.
|>|Something like Ctrl-Alt-F1 (F2, F3 etc) on Intel and Linux.
|>
|>The Solaris console driver does not support virtual consoles on any
|>sparc release - the alternative is to download and install GNU screen.
|
|How about on Intel?

Only on Solaris 7 & earlier.  See the FAQs for details.

Post by Andrew Gabri » Tue, 04 Jun 2002 13:09:27

>>Kiki writes in comp.unix.solaris:
>>|How to open second (and third, forth etc) screen directly on console.
>>|Something like Ctrl-Alt-F1 (F2, F3 etc) on Intel and Linux.

>>The Solaris console driver does not support virtual consoles on any
>>sparc release - the alternative is to download and install GNU screen.

> How about on Intel?

Before Solaris 8, Solaris x86 supports the standard SysV/386
console switching Alt+PrtSc-H, Alt+PrtSc-F1, Alt+PrtSc-F2, etc.
See the Solaris FAQ.

From Solaris 8, Solaris x86 has the sparc console driver so
it gets USB keyboard support. Sparc never supported the SysV/386
console switching.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Consultant Software Engineer

Post by Darren Dunha » Wed, 05 Jun 2002 01:59:58

>>Kiki writes in comp.unix.solaris:
>>|How to open second (and third, forth etc) screen directly on console.
>>|Something like Ctrl-Alt-F1 (F2, F3 etc) on Intel and Linux.

>>The Solaris console driver does not support virtual consoles on any
>>sparc release - the alternative is to download and install GNU screen.
> How about on Intel?

http://www.science.uva.nl/pub/solaris/solaris2.html#q3.49
3.49) Can I run multiple terminals on the console of Solaris x86 like
those supported on Interactive Unix and SCO?

1. Ctrl-alt-f1 and so on

Hi,

Do someone here knows how to use Ctrl-Alt-F{1-6} on a powerbook G3 with
its strange keyboard ?
It doesn't work for me, even with the Fn touch down :-/

Perhaps it is an xmodmap problem ? Mine has
shift       Shift_L (0x32),  Shift_R (0x3e)
lock        Caps_Lock (0x42)
control     Control_L (0x25),  Control_R (0x6d)
mod1        Mode_switch (0x40)
mod2        BadKey (0x4d),  Alt_L (0x73)
mod3        Mode_switch (0x40)
mod4        Meta_L (0x4c)
mod5        BadKey (0x4e)

Colin
http://www.colino.net/

2. test message

3. X and Diamond Stealth 32 - cannot CTRL-ALT-F1

4. Problems when installing mod_ssl-2.5.1-1.3.11

5. Ctrl-Alt-F1 - easy question

6. Startup errors

7. Difference between Sparc 2, Sparc 10 and Ultra Sparc 10

8. Really strange DOSEMU 0.60.3 occurance.

9. Xwindows <Ctrl-Alt-F1> stuff

10. cannot change resolution using Ctrl-Alt+KP_- and Ctrl-Alt+KP_+

11. Function of Keys ALT-CTRL key combinations

12. Ctrl+Alt+F1?? and more

13. What is alt key on Sparc keyboard for dosemu?