Man pages on Solaris 2.5

Post by Sridhar Kompell » Thu, 17 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

The man pages on my Sun server seem to be formatted with curses (all the
underlinings etc..). So when I do vi <file> where <file> is the
saved man file, I see a lot of ctrl characters.

I was wondering if there was a way to save these pages and convert them
to ordinary text files.

Thanks.
Sridhar Kompella

Note: Please remove the nospam in the address before mailing to me.

Man pages on Solaris 2.5

Post by Neil Ricke » Thu, 17 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>The man pages on my Sun server seem to be formatted with curses (all the
>underlinings etc..). So when I do vi <file> where <file> is the
>saved man file, I see a lot of ctrl characters.

man command | ul -t dumb > file