booting Solaris2.4 x86 without boot diskette

booting Solaris2.4 x86 without boot diskette

Post by Keith K » Thu, 29 Dec 1994 04:14:30

Hi:
 I have OS/2 and linux on my machine, and I am trying to add Solaris 2.4
X86 to my machine on another drive. Currently, I am using OS/2's boot
manager to boot OS/2 and linux. I have no problem adding these 2 partitions
to the boot manager except Solaris. The boot manager will not let me
add solaris's partition to the menu. Could it be because I have a 1023mbyte
partition, or do I have to do anything special to that partition to be
accepted by the OS/2 bootmanager?

Thanks in advance for replying.

Keith

Post by David M. Com » Thu, 29 Dec 1994 07:58:31

>Hi:
> I have OS/2 and linux on my machine, and I am trying to add Solaris 2.4
>X86 to my machine on another drive. Currently, I am using OS/2's boot
>manager to boot OS/2 and linux. I have no problem adding these 2 partitions
>to the boot manager except Solaris. The boot manager will not let me
>add solaris's partition to the menu. Could it be because I have a 1023mbyte
>partition, or do I have to do anything special to that partition to be
>accepted by the OS/2 bootmanager?

Why not ask one of the OS/2 or Solaris news groups?