*printed* documentation

Post by Peter Leopo » Wed, 24 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Is there a good sys. and net. admin book for Solaris?
I own Matt Welsh's Running Linux and Linux Network Administrators'
Handbook, both excellent volumes. Is there anyting
along those lines that covers the peculiarities of
Solaris? If not, could anyone say why not? I'm
sure there is a sizeable market.

                                Peter Leopold

*printed* documentation

Post by Peter Leopo » Sat, 27 Jan 1996 04:00:00

: Is there a good sys. and net. admin book for Solaris?

Two kind souls responded to me directly:

SunSoft Press publishes these books in
conjunction with Ziff-Davis Press. I've
seen them at local bookstores with a decent
CS selection...

SOLARIS SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR'S GUIDE
by Janice Winsor
Paperback, 288 pages; $29.95 US
ISBN 1-56276-080-7

SOLARIS ADVANCED SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR'S GUIDE
by Janice Winsor
Paperback; 477 pages; $29.95 US
ISBN 1-56276-131-5

Shigeki Misawa Graduate Student Solaris SysAdmin UCB Physics Department
reports:

There are at least 2 books from SunSoft press, don't know how good
they are. See http://www.sun.com for info on the books. Essential
System Administaration by Freisch (sp?) is okay (O'Reilly), The
updated Unix Administration by Nemeth, snyder, seebass is also highly
recommended. (The latter two books are "generic" unix with details on
specific systems.)

This doesn't include printed SysAdmin pages that can be obtained from
Sun at a price.

                                Peter Leopold