Solaris 7 vs Linux vs AIX security?

Post by m.. » Tue, 08 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hello, I have systems running the above OS's. AIX 3.2.5 on a RS6000,
Linux RH 5.2 and 6.0 on Intel+Sparc, and Solaris 7 on SparcLX.

Which system do people consider most secure from external attacks?

Which system do people consider most secure to allow shell access?

I guess a lot depends on what services are running on the systems.

Any help or pointers most welcome.
Thanks
Mike

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. AIX vs Solaris 7 vs Linux security?

Hello, I have systems running the above OS's. AIX 3.2.5 on a RS6000,
Linux RH 5.2 and 6.0 on Intel+Sparc, and Solaris 7 on SparcLX.

Which system do people consider most secure from external attacks?

Which system do people consider most secure to allow shell access?

I guess a lot depends on what services are running on the systems.

Any help or pointers most welcome.
Thanks
Mike

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. COMMERCIAL DEMO: Xmanager 1.3.6: easy-to-use PC X server software

3. Linux vs OS2 vs NT vs Win95 vs Multics vs PDP11 vs BSD geeks

4. AIXwindows on RS6K M 530H

5. Opinions Wanted: Solaris 2.4 vs. AIX vs. HP/UX vs AT&T Sys5v4

6. Problem with term/txconn -- HELP!!

7. SunOS 5.6 vs Solaris 2.6 vs Solaris 7 vs Solaris 8

8. C++ question

9. Perfomance: tar vs ftp vs rsync vs cp vs ?

10. Slackware vs SuSE vs Debian vs Redhat vs ....

11. Linux Advocacy - Linux vs Windows 2000 vs Be vs OS/2

12. DOS vs. Windows vs. Mac vs. Unix vs. NS

13. KDE vs. Openlook vs. Xfree86 vs. MetroX vs. CDE