Jumpstart does not execute script after pkgpatch finished

Jumpstart does not execute script after pkgpatch finished

Post by Felix Le » Wed, 04 Aug 2004 13:46:46

Hi,

I have a problem with finish script. After pkgpatch successfully
installed rest of finish script do not execute. The following is
my finish script. Have tried many changes the problem is atill
existed. I think there is something to do with dir /a. Please help.

#!/usr/bin/sh
echo 'Starting the finish2.sh ...'
echo 'Starting to install patch files from /8_Recommended ...'

BASEDIR="/a"
MNT="/mnt"
mount -f nfs nnn.nnn.nn.nn:/export/home/8_Recommended ${BASEDIR}${MNT}
/usr/sbin/patchadd -R ${BASEDIR} -u -d -M ${BASEDIR}${MNT} patch_order

echo 'End of Solaris's  patch installation. ...'

sed -e 's/CONSOLE/#CONSOLE/' /a/etc/default/login
touch /a/etc/notrouter
touch /a/etc/issue

cp -p /a/etc/profile /a/etc/profile.orig
cp -p /a/etc/system /a/etc/system.orig

mkdir -p /a/opt/local/bin
ln -s /a/opt/local /a/usr/local
ln -s /a/usr/bin/bash /a/usr/local/bin/bash

echo "dba::26:linus" >> /a/etc/group
umount ${BASEDIR}${MNT}

echo 'End of the finish2.sh ...'

Post by Martin Pau » Wed, 04 Aug 2004 23:08:24

> I have a problem with finish script. After pkgpatch successfully
> installed rest of finish script do not execute.

So what is the last line of output you get when the finish script
is run ? Output from patchadd, or the echo command right after it ?

Quote:> sed -e 's/CONSOLE/#CONSOLE/' /a/etc/default/login

One obvious mistake I can spot is the above line, which
won't do what you probably want it to do (edit the login file
in place) - sed will write its output to stdout instead. Use
ed or sed with a temp file instead.

But this shouldn't keep the script from continuing to run.

Quote:> ln -s /a/opt/local /a/usr/local
> ln -s /a/usr/bin/bash /a/usr/local/bin/bash

You will end up with symbolic links pointing to "/a/opt/local" and
"/a/usr/bin/bash", which won't exist after rebooting the real OS.
I think you mean:

  ln -s /opt/local /a/usr/local
  ln -s /usr/bin/bash /a/usr/local/bin/bash

mp.
--
Systems Administrator | Institute for Software Science | Univ. of Vienna

1. Jumpstart x86: How not to PXE after jumpstart finishes and reboots ...

Hi:

Does anyone know or have a the soultion to the following.

========
Given:
========
 - Jumpstart Solaris 10 onto an !!NON-Sun!! manufactured x86 systems
   (where there is a BIOS, and not OpenBoot).

 - Completely hands-off since we are building racks of these x86
systems.

========
Question
========
How does one get around the fact that the BIOS, once set to boot off
the network
via PXE, cannot "programmatically" be reset to boot off the disk? (as
far as I know
it can only be done manually, which means no hands-off jumpstart). :-(

Side Note: Having to deal with this issue early on, Linux does so via a
system program
called pivot_root, which avoids rebooting altogether by essentially
unwinding the in-memory
O/S used at build time to a certain point, and then rebuilding the O/S
but from information
contained on the disk to create the run-time version (... it never
reboots).

Anyone see any work arounds for Solaris x86 (in any fashion) for this
problem?

TIA
Regards,
Noelle

2. Anbody port a USB modem to LinuxPPC?

3. Jumpstart Finish Script

4. output of UNIX shell commands without headers

5. Showing patches as part of a jumpstart finish script.

6. Masquerading

7. Solaris Jumpstart begin/finish script

8. user load on remote machine

9. Apply patches by a JumpStart finish script?

10. Solaris 8 Jumpstart Finish Script

11. Jumpstart begin/finish scripts

12. Jumpstart configuration - Finish scripts

13. Can't get jumpstart finish script to run