solaris ldap client and AD ldap server

Post by melissa_benk » Wed, 12 May 2004 22:07:18

hello!!

Good morning! I'm trying to setup my solaris pc to use the active
directory as the ldap server. I have tried to configure it using
openldap. Has anyone tried to use the active directory? I think it is
not as easy since this is ms stuff.

thanks in advance.

1. Can a Solaris 9 server running DS 5.2 server be its own native LDAP client?

Hi,

is it true that a Solaris 9 server running DS 5.2 server cannot
be its own native LDAP client?
I.e. am I supposed to run a dedicated, user- and applicationless
server for this, or actually at least two for redundancy?

We were thinking of migrating to LDAP/DS for all naming services,
but if the above is true, it currently seems a bit blown out of
proportion for just a small group of servers.

    TIA
        Torsten

2. httpd -DSSL Broken Connection

3. LDAP over SSL using OpenLDAP/OpenSSL/Cyrus SASL with Netscape's LDAP server

4. unresolved symbol parport...?

5. ldap authentication against IPlanet LDAP server

6. fvwm2 question

7. NIS v/s LDAP and LDAP compatible to pre-Solaris 8

8. csh to sh conversion utility

9. compiling PHP on Solaris with LDAP, but not SUN ldap

10. HOWTO (DRAFT): Solaris 8 LDAP Client/Server Setup

11. solaris ldap client to linux openldap server

12. Solaris LDAP client setup with Sun Java Directory Proxy Server

13. Windows 2000 LDAP Server -> Solaris 8 Client