openssh on solaris8 - lastlogin time is always current time

openssh on solaris8 - lastlogin time is always current time

Post by Jamie Fo » Wed, 26 Sep 2001 09:48:41

Hi -

I compiled and installed openssh (2.9p2?) on a Solaris 8 system and I've
noticed that the lastlogin time reported on login is incorrect, it shows the
time of this login (the current time).  This happens whether I have set
"printlastlog" to true in the sshd_config, or whether I disable it there and
set "uselogin" to true.  openssh on debian linux systems seems to be fine.
If I telnet into those same solaris systems, the lastlogin time is correct.
Anybody know how to fix it?

Thanks,

Jamie Fox

Post by Dave Uhrin » Wed, 26 Sep 2001 12:26:09

> Hi -

> I compiled and installed openssh (2.9p2?) on a Solaris 8 system and I've
> noticed that the lastlogin time reported on login is incorrect, it shows
> the
> time of this login (the current time).  This happens whether I have set
> "printlastlog" to true in the sshd_config, or whether I disable it there
> and
> set "uselogin" to true.  openssh on debian linux systems seems to be fine.
> If I telnet into those same solaris systems, the lastlogin time is
> correct. Anybody know how to fix it?

> Thanks,

> Jamie Fox

You didn't perchance disable lastlog, utmp[x] and wtmp[x] in your
./configure line, did you?

Post by Rich Tee » Wed, 26 Sep 2001 14:27:32

> I compiled and installed openssh (2.9p2?) on a Solaris 8 system and I've
> noticed that the lastlogin time reported on login is incorrect, it shows the
> time of this login (the current time).  This happens whether I have set
> "printlastlog" to true in the sshd_config, or whether I disable it there and
> set "uselogin" to true.  openssh on debian linux systems seems to be fine.
> If I telnet into those same solaris systems, the lastlogin time is correct.
> Anybody know how to fix it?

Hmm, works OK here:

        OpenSSH_2.9p2, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090602f

        Last login: Mon Sep 24 21:22:44 2001 from grover
        Sun Microsystems Inc.   SunOS 5.8       Generic February 2000

        Mon Sep 24 22:19:03 PDT 2001

Mars is a Solaris 8 Ultra 1.

--
Rich Teer

President,
Rite Online Inc.

Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638

1. convert UT time in local time / local time in UT time

hello,

    I try to make a fonction to convert a local time in UT time. i try to
use
     mktime + gmtime + timezone + daylight.... but the result is not OK.
    Please help me....
    The problem is the same when i try to convert a UT time in Local
Time....

    my imput date format is : 'YYYYMMDDHHMMSS'.

    I'am a beginner on Unix (and in english).....

    Does anyone know about a function or an example (in C) .

    Thanks for any help.

2. ELF question: utmp

3. time time time how can I tell the time

4. Is there a Graphical World-Time utility ?

5. date/time of a file compare with current date/time

6. cron problem (gets zombie)

7. Finger does not report lastlogin time

8. Max users question in Solaris

9. /bin/login using GMT to report .lastlogin time

10. Daylight time (label) but standard time (time)

11. Daylight Savings time, system time, hardware time....

12. hda : irq time out {busy} from time to time

13. Is the time in gprof CPU time or elapsed time?