return code

Post by Juan Santan » Thu, 08 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Where can I get a list of return codes?

Please somebody help!!!!

return code

Post by Rich Tee » Thu, 08 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> Where can I get a list of return codes?

Return codes for what, exactly?!

How about man pages?

--
Rich Teer

NT does almost everything UNIX does, only not as well.

If it ain't analogue, it ain't music.

Voice: +1 (250) 763 6205
WWW: www.rite-group.com

return code

Post by Kurt J. Lanz » Fri, 09 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> Where can I get a list of return codes?

> Please somebody help!!!!

Return codes from what? The compiler? Running programs? A web server? On
what OS? So far, your question is approximately the equivalent of "What
colors can I get?"

return code

Post by dj.. » Thu, 15 Apr 1999 04:00:00

In regards to patches, look at a "man patchadd" or look in the directory of
a patch and view the readme.  They list all the return codes.

> > Where can I get a list of return codes?

> > Please somebody help!!!!

> Return codes from what? The compiler? Running programs? A web server? On
> what OS? So far, your question is approximately the equivalent of "What
> colors can I get?"

1. Help: Returning a return code to a program

[...]

 > When displaying the value of ret, I get 512.  The value being
 > returned to programA seems to be bit-shifted left by 1 byte.

That's right.

 > Can anyone explain this to me.

Your manual page can:

    man 3 system

Heiner

   / BinTec Computersysteme GmbH / mine, not BinTec's --       /
  / Willstaetter Str. 30 ------- ...even if they should be ;-)/

2. AlphaPC 164SX debian hamm problem

3. Does Solaris provide encrypted file system?

4. Return Code or Error Code with patches

5. large hard drives sharing Linux and DOS

6. help: preserving error return codes thru function codes

7. Printing halts after a while

8. How to interpret the return code from pclose() or system().

9. prevent return code going to stdout

10. How to get return code in shell ...

11. get return code of command executed in xargs

12. how to capture return code