compiling cvs problem

Post by Chris Le » Sat, 08 Sep 2001 00:02:35

Hi,

I was trying to compile cvs version 1.11.1p1 on my solaris 8 system.
However, I got a compile error. It tried to find krb5.h header file when
it was compiling server.c. I don't have krb5 library in my system. I am
wondering if I can turn some options off so that cvs doesn't need to use
krb5 library. Any suggestion are welcome.

Thanks,

-- Chris

1. Samba- Problem: path too long/ cvs- Problem: cvs import stucks

Hi folks,
I tried to fix the following problems for days without success. So I hope,
someone out there could help me.

OS: SuSE Linux 7.1 Kernel 2.4.7
        Samba Version 2.2.0a
        CVS Version 1.11

Samba- Problem:
I have mount a Samba share on my Windows- Clients (NT and W2K). When I try
to copy a lokal directory to the Samba share I get the error messages
(german): Pfadname zu lang (english: path to long). Everything else works
pretty good. I tried different settings in the smb.conf, but without
success.

CVS- Problem:
I want to import a lokal directory from into cvs but nothing happen. No
error messages but also no import. wincvs stucks and I have to kill it with
the task manager. cvs checkout works fine. I think the problem is also
founded on the Linux side, because I also have CVS on SCO OpenServer 5.0.5
and have no problems.

cat /etc/smb.conf:
[global]
        workgroup = myWorkgroup
        netbios name = myNetbiosName
        server string = myServerString
        security = DOMAIN
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        allow trusted domains = No
        password server = myPasswordServer(Windows NT4.0 PDC)
        lanman auth = No
        log level = 3
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 50
        name resolve order = host bcast
        character set = ISO8859-1
        preferred master = False
        local master = No
        domain master = False
        dns proxy = No
        create mask = 0766
        directory mask = 0777
        hosts allow = x.x.x.x/255.255.255.0

[projekt]
        comment = Projekte
        path = /usr2/projekt
        read only = No
        guest ok = Yes

[disks]
        comment = Interessante Programme ...
        path = /usr2/disks
        read only = No
        guest ok = Yes

2. kdeinit filling up my file system

3. problems compiling latest DRI cvs for voodoo 3

4. need SCO binary of 'sudo'

5. Problem To Compile Alsa (CVS)

6. Linux and Ensoniq Soundscape

7. kdelib from CVS (Nov 16) compile problem

8. Is "fastfs" still relevent on Solaris 8?

9. Problems compiling kdegraphics cvs module on Mandrake 8.1 & 8.2

10. kdelibs from CVS (Nov 16) compile problem

11. Problems compiling kioslave/pop3 from CVS

12. Problem when compiling CVS version of X

13. Compile problems with last weekend's CVS