CDROM drive sees CDROM, not files inside... why?

CDROM drive sees CDROM, not files inside... why?

Post by Some Bod » Fri, 29 Dec 2000 08:50:34

When I insert a Sun-formatted CDROM with many files into my 220 running
Solaris 7, the drive flashes amber a few times and stops, and a new file
manager window opens showing the cdrom icon and its label in the upper
pane.  However, files that are on the cdrom are not visible in the lower
pane: it is empty.

Double clicking the icon produces the message 'cdrom is open.'  In
terminal mode, the cdrom drive does not appear in the 'df -k' display
and 'cd /cdrom/label', then 'ls' shows 0 files.

Any suggestions on how to get the cdrom to properly mount, or the 220 to
see the cdrom?

1. ATAPI cdrom cdda not supported for some cdrom drive?

TAPI cdrom cdda not supported for some cdrom drive?

Hi, There,
  I have a ATAPI IDE cdrom that I wish to get the
cdda2wav working. ont the same machine, I have a
scsi cdrom and I was able to get the data from it.
but I have difficulty extracting data from the
IDE cdrom. I have linux 2.0.33 kernel and have the
IDE cdrom driver compiled and I also have the
ssound blaster driver compiled. I am able to mount
data cdrom on the ide cdrom drive. but can't extract audio data
from it. I tried to use:
cdda2wav -D /dev/cdrom temp.wav
for the ide atapi cdrom and it complained that the cdrom
or driver doesn't support cdda. can anybody tell me the
problem ? I tried to figure out how to put the cdda support into
the driver but can't see the option in the driver feature list.
(2.0.33 kernel), or simply my cdrom hardware is to be blamed ?
can any body tell me what to do ?
Jinsong

2. Solutions for resolving Printer problems with Canon LBP8 and Ghostscript

3. Linux PPC R5 video problems: Umax S900, Twin Turbo

4. Linux sees my cdrom but can't find a CD in drive?????

5. How to Load CPUs

6. Problem with mounting CDROM on a SCSI CDROM drive

7. need help compiling CNEWS on SCO XENIX 2.3.3

8. Installing Caldera CDROM version w/o a cdrom drive

9. Read Macintosh format cdrom from SunOS cdrom drive?

10. CDROM drive error (was Boot CDROM on Ultra 2?)

11. Problem with mounting CDROM on a SCSI CDROM drive

12. AHA2940 seen, HD & CDROM not (1.3.40)