Running A script on logout

Post by Chad Mullini » Sat, 27 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Greetings-

I would like to have my users run a cleanup script on logout. Under
Openwindows this was easily done from .logout. How can this be done if
the user is running CDE, .logout is not run. Is there a similar script
run after logging out from CDE??

--
Chad Mullinix              Johns Hopkins Univ/Applied Physics Lab
Systems Administrator      11100 Johns Hopkins Road

Voice (240) 228-3646       Fax (240) 228-5912

1. running a script at login/logout

Hi,

I wanted to run a script when someone logs in or out on a console (run
two separate scripts depending on whether it was a login or logout). I
have a general idea that I could use ~/.login , ~/.logout or watch()
but I am not really sure how to exaclty implement it.

Thanks for your help

Anteneh

2. Serial ports missing?

3. Exceed doesn't run .logout script

4. Help me on setting up linux

5. Running scripts at login/logout

6. XFree86 4.1 additional maouse button bindings?

7. Running a script on logout

8. Establishing central login and NFS

9. Running Script at KDE Logout

10. csh .logout script, running matlab

11. using PAM to run script at login/logout

12. Running a logout script

13. logout without executing .logout