VxVM GUI - refreshing

Post by Joe Phili » Wed, 18 Feb 2004 03:41:57

We had a disk failure last week and Sun tech replaced the disk. Then it
showed a double entry on the vxdisk list with both drive status with
"error." We did a vxdisk -f rm c0t6d0s2 and vxdctl enable. This fixed the
double-entry in the vxdisk list. However, the GUI still shows the disk with
an X on it. How do I refresh the GUI so that it does not show the X on the
disk. (I had stopped and restarted the vmsa and it still showed the same
error.)

VxVM GUI - refreshing

Post by Kenneth Sible » Thu, 19 Feb 2004 15:08:08

Quote:> > We had a disk failure last week and Sun tech replaced
> > the disk. Then it showed a double entry on the vxdisk
> > list with both drive status with "error." We did a
> > vxdisk -f rm c0t6d0s2 and vxdctl enable. This fixed the
> > double-entry in the vxdisk list. However, the GUI still
> > shows the disk with an X on it. How do I refresh the
> > GUI so that it does not show the X on the disk. (I had
> > stopped and restarted the vmsa and it still showed the
> > same error.)

If this is a v480/v880/v1280 system then the problem
is due to the drive being connected via a fiber port
most likely.  What happens is the system now registers
two seperate drives due to the change in the WWN.

There is a procedure for removing the drive from the
system, but I don't remember what it is.  Try running
format; you will probably still see the old drive
there, but with an error.

I know we have had the problem on a v880; just
cannot remember the process to get rid of it.

There may be other systems that have fiber drives
and have this potential problem, but these are the
ones I know of.

YMMV,

KS

VxVM GUI - refreshing

Post by Joe Phili » Thu, 19 Feb 2004 23:22:51

Ours is a E4000 machine with A5100 array. I checked the format output and it
shows only one entry with the new WWN.